What Happened to CGL Website??

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Wrangler
01/24/17 06:14 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Has anyone seen posts on what going on? Everything but the Store itself are down.
When it hits the fan, make sure your locked, loaded, and ready to go!
Akalabeth
01/24/17 09:13 PM

Probably just the servers are down or they forgot to pay their rent or something.
FrabbyModerator
01/25/17 02:20 AM

If they announced server maintenance then I missed it. Still, I hope they're just working on their shop and/or the BattleCorps database.
Wrangler
01/25/17 12:53 PM

Only Battletech related (CGL owned?) sites is MasterUnitList.com, Camospecs, and new Store.

Only think i've seen semi-related to staff was Herb posting on his Twitter "Sorry for the Inconvenience" that's it.
CrayModerator
01/25/17 05:13 PM

It's alive now, ~4pm EST on 1/25.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
BelleSorciere
01/27/17 11:30 PM

And down again, at least for a couple of hours.

Seems to be up now, though.

Edited by BelleSorciere (01/27/17 11:31 PM)
Wrangler
03/29/17 08:45 PM

Yeah its down again, Shadowrun's tabletop forums are down too. Exactly what happened in January.
GiovanniBlasini
03/30/17 01:29 AM

I seem to have been getting occasional 504s the past few days, but hadn't thought much of it. This is also the same behavior as when they bounce their servers each night, so I wonder if the server hard crashed.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Nic JansmaAdministrator
03/30/17 09:56 PM

There were some issues with the hosting provider that have again been resolved.
-- NicJ
GiovanniBlasini
05/25/17 08:38 PM

Went down again this morning Pacific time - about 8 hours ago, I believe?
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Wrangler
05/25/17 11:51 PM

Yep, no sign of anything going on. I wish there was neutral website that could report or make statements what the issues is.
GiovanniBlasini
05/26/17 12:40 AM

Quote:
Yep, no sign of anything going on. I wish there was neutral website that could report or make statements what the issues is.

They've done so in the past on Sarna, and my old site Btechunits, actually.
Wrangler
05/26/17 08:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:

They've done so in the past on Sarna, and my old site Btechunits, actually.

Where was it posted? Or they sent it to Nic and he relayed it. I'm barely editing here on Sarna these days unfortunately.
FrabbyModerator
05/26/17 09:25 AM

Pretty much everything save the Catalyst online story seems do be down since yesterday. Could be anything from the site being blocked because its data volume for the month was used up, to the long-awaited revamp of BattleCorps et al finally going forward.
FrabbyModerator
05/26/17 10:32 AM

...aaand it's back online.
GiovanniBlasini
05/26/17 11:13 AM

Interesting. Still down for me.
FrabbyModerator
05/26/17 03:00 PM

Same here. But I could access it briefly a few hours ago.
CrayModerator
05/26/17 05:14 PM

Quote:

It's up as of 4:15pm EST.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
GiovanniBlasini
05/26/17 06:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:

It's up as of 4:15pm EST.

Wonder what happened.
Wrangler
07/04/17 09:05 AM

I don't know what is happening. I hope something not wrong with the website. It seems to be going down alot.
Karagin
07/04/17 02:42 PM

It's been down for two days, you would think by now they would have folks on top of this, then again...no they don't.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Daedster
07/04/17 02:45 PM

*sigh* Wish I could say that this surprises me, but it doesn't.
Karagin
07/04/17 03:08 PM

Oh now they are saying they were hacked and being held for ransom...either they are playing silly games or it's real, but given that this happens every 6 to 9 months every couple of years...yeah not sure what to believe from them on this.
Karagin

Wrangler
07/04/17 10:37 PM

Ransom-ware?!!?!? Oh crap. I can't believe this happened. Why do this to them? Their barely making money. Lord i hate hackers.
Daedster
07/04/17 10:44 PM

If it is the latest "ransomware" going around it's malware hidden as ransomware. I hate hackers.
ghostrider
07/05/17 03:53 AM

Viruses like ransomware tend to target those that do things like check email on work stations. Click on the link and you got it uploaded into your system. And when you are at work, or use that system to program on... well it tends to follow the flow of data.

Weither you are making money or not, the programmers don't care. If you can pay, the programmers don't care. The small guy is just collateral damage for them. They are after things like banks and government systems.

Wish I knew where the link was, as an article was on line about one of windows programs, I want to say office, allowed a virus to be transmitted from just passing over the link information.

And anti virus software, being good, does not catch all viruses.
But for most, simple trojan sent thru emails is the easiest way to infect a system.
So make sure your fellow coworkers stop using their internet connections at work to check their mail. It can affect you as well as all the employees, if the hackers get into the data base were your employment records are kept.

And I guess this thread is not the best place for this.
Karagin
07/05/17 06:22 AM

Thing is they should still be on top of things, protecting their site and hey get this their Tumblr, Instagram and Facebook pages are NOT hacked and they could oh you know let folks know hey we are dealing with the outage or something, but nope, we get info third hand about their current problem via folks bugging those they know at the company. Not sure this a good way to run a company but hey this is CGL and they and they still have the FASA business model as an example...
Karagin

Akalabeth
07/05/17 03:27 PM

Quote:
Thing is they should still be on top of things, protecting their site and hey get this their Tumblr, Instagram and Facebook pages are NOT hacked and they could oh you know let folks know hey we are dealing with the outage or something, but nope, we get info third hand about their current problem via folks bugging those they know at the company. Not sure this a good way to run a company but hey this is CGL and they and they still have the FASA business model as an example...

Please, FASA was a much better company.
They didn't try to nickle and dime their customers by splitting essential information like technology between a half-dozen different books. Not to mention much more consistent artwork, plus boxed sets & rules & maps IN STOCK not OOP for ages.

You also didn't hear anything about an owner at FASA mixing 850K of the company's money with his personal account.
Wrangler
07/05/17 07:58 PM

Has the company put out any statements or anything?
Wrangler
07/05/17 08:06 PM

Ok, here something on Twitter.
"Website update: http://bg.BattleTech.com has been unavailable due to host server maintenance."
"We're in the process of moving the site to a new server which will make the site more secure and stable. Thank you for your patience."

So this was planned or they covering things up? If they were going to do a major redo- they should have announced it.

I'm glad they're bring it back. I just hope we didn't lose anything in the website.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 50 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 45273

Contact Admins Sarna.net