TDR-5SEr Thunderbolt

Pages: 1
GiovanniBlasini
03/31/17 12:33 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just a little something I worked up in a MekHQ Errant MechWarrior campaign I came up with (one BattleMech, backed by an Arbiter security 'Mech and a handful of vehicles). Found myself not really using the LRMs, and as the only BattleMech in most cases (currently working security for Interstellar Expeditions, who occasionally send out their own BattleMech liason), the Thud attracts a lot of attention. And by attention, I mean incoming fire, which made me nervous about having two LRM ammo bins in my center torso I don't really use.

So, I dumped the LRMs for a snubbie, and swapped the large laser for a light PPC. The idea being the light PPC takes over ranged duties, the snubbie supplements it at 15 hexes, and once you get to 10 hexes, the snubbie becomes a 10-point sledgehammer. Up close, you've got the snubbie and triple medium lasers, much like TDR-60-RLA, only with less weaponry, but with your arms free for punching the other guy in the face.

Code:

Thunderbolt TDR-5SEr
IS TW non-box set
65 tons
BV: 1,443
Cost: 5,880,710 C-bills

Movement: 4/6/4
Engine: 260
Heat Sinks: 19
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 104
Armor: 208/211
Internal Armor
--------------------------------------
Center Torso 21 30
Center Torso (rear) 11
Right Torso 15 24
Right Torso (rear) 6
Left Torso 15 24
Left Torso (rear) 6
Right Arm 10 20
Left Arm 10 20
Right Leg 15 29
Left Leg 15 29

Weapon Loc Heat
----------------------------------------
Light PPC RA 5
Snub-Nose PPC LT 10
Medium Laser LT 3
Medium Laser LT 3
Medium Laser LT 3

Equipment Loc
----------------------------------
Standard None
Standard None
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003

Edited by GiovanniBlasini (03/31/17 12:53 PM)
CrayModerator
03/31/17 08:12 PM

Hmm. Streamlined. Simplified. I'd be tempted to move some of the weapons to the left arm - I've been caught in the lurch too often by not being able to cover my sides and back arc from ever - but that's just a nitpick. It's a solid, durable design as is.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
GiovanniBlasini
04/01/17 04:11 AM

Quote:
Hmm. Streamlined. Simplified. I'd be tempted to move some of the weapons to the left arm - I've been caught in the lurch too often by not being able to cover my sides and back arc from ever - but that's just a nitpick. It's a solid, durable design as is.

Thanks. A second arm-mounted weapon, instead of the torso-mounted SNPPC is certainly easy enough, but if I were to do that, I think I'd prefer a second light PPC instead. Yes, you've got a minimum range, but there's less temptation to use it up-close when you can punch instead, especially with some of the new optional pilot abilities that help with melee combat.

That said, a light PPC in each arm, three medium lasers in each side torso, and 20 single heat sinks, along with 4/6/4 movement, would make for a nice variation on the TDR-5S-T Thunderbolt Tallman.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3500

Contact Admins Sarna.net