Equipment Loc
----------------------------------
Standard None
Small Shield LA
Small Shield RA
CASE LT
MASC RT
CASE RT

Legend has it that Storm One barged into R&D once and drew a picture of a 'Mech Storm One saw in Storm One's dreams. This... is not that 'Mech. It was the prototype of this 'Mech though.

Although no one is really sure quite how this monster came into being, it is quite certain why it was brought into being.

It's advertisement showed a Clanner in a Dire Wolf looking out at a smoking horizon, frantically calling "Alpha Assault! What is your situation!?" As he's demanding this for the second time, this 'Mech begins to crest the hill. The Clanner awakes in cold sweat, the camera panning out to show him missing an arm. The screen fades to black as the narrator says, "The 'Mech that terror flees from, Nightmare, by MiliTech."

Another advertisement showed a nondescript Mechwarrior, assumed of high-rank, called "Death Merchant" who is being shown his brand new Nightmare by one of the techs. The Mechwarrior whistles and asks, "Is that MiliTech's newest Nightmare?" The tech nods, and says enthusiastically, "Yep and if the sight of that don't strike fear into the hearts of your enemies... then you're probably ****ed." The Mechwarrior replies, wistfully, "Yeah. No kidding." The camera pans to a nearby TV, then zooms in to show a full-screen ad that cheerily states, "Own MiliTech's Nightmare! The new N1 is on sale today! Buy it now!" before cutting abruptly to black.

Unfortunately that ad was eventually removed from the air due to Steiner censorship. Steiner censors claimed the woman painted on the N1 featured looked too much like Katrina Steiner, so MiliTech had the ad retracted and instead used the one with the Clanner. Attachment (162 downloads)
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
CrayModerator
05/12/17 07:15 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Is that an XL? I was trying to figure out the price.

I like the shields, I've gotten some good use out of shields when I remember to try them on my designs. I'm not sure about the AC/2, but otherwise that's a solid performer. And the surprise MASC boost will make someone unhappy.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
05/15/17 02:14 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I just re-checked it, it has a Full-Head Ejection system, and Armored Shoulders / Hips.

The AC/2 is to force critical rolls for ammo explosions. Or to add Flak ammo for Aerospace fighters.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 227 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3809

Contact Admins Sarna.net