RE: Who would Win? IS vs Clan / 2 on 2 / 'Mechs in the post.

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
05/20/17 12:29 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Not sure if this is where this belongs, so I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

So the questions is who would win in a 2 on 2 fight between the Inner Sphere and Clans.

The 'Mechs are the Catapult and the Warhammer for the Inner Sphere, with the Mad Dog and the Mad Cat fielded for the Clans.

The situations would be:

Situation A: An urban environment.

Situation B: An icy mountain range.

Situation C: A dense, humid forest.

Situation D: A dry, arid canyon.

The 'Mechs are considered in their Primary Configurations on both sides.

I just wanted to spark some interesting conversation. This is for TT.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
ghostrider
05/20/17 02:10 AM

Time frame of when it happens would have a huge impact on the fight.
3050 would be slanted heavily towards the clan forces.

If the IS had only IS weapons, I would give the edge to the clans, though the jets on the catapult would come in handy. Problem is the main weapons is minimum ranged lrms.
Well if you didn't use the catapults upgraded model for 3050. The one with the arrow IV system with 5 shots. If you did, it would be clans as niether IS unit has tag.
wolf_lord_30
05/20/17 05:25 AM

If the Inner Sphere is playing fair and ton for ton, they've already lost.

A: Within the confines of the city, if the IS keeps breaking LOS and ticking the clan player off, he can ignore dueling guidelines and just blast whichever one gets into his LOS. But let's say they're going toe to toe. The Vulture has better short range weaponry than the Catapult and it will show early on.
The Mad Cat and the Warhammer will be more interesting, but not much more so. Better to hit numbers. Better piloting skill meaning running on pavement not going to be as big of a deal. And down a long corridor, it's got better ranged fire power than the Warhammer.

B: The jump jets will help the Catapult, but the range difference and the better to hit numbers will again favor the clans while the Inner Sphere struggle to fight the terrain to get optimal to hit numbers. By the time the Warhammer gets to be in better range of his weapons, half of them will be gone. The Vulture's LRM 20s will beat out the Catapult's 15.

C: Yuck, horrible, slowed down movement and major LOS issues. The Catapult with 4 medium lasers just won't be enough against pulse lasers. He can jump around, but with too many woods in the way, he won't be hitting anything. This will be closer than in the city as range will have no meaning and everything will be point blank. My suggestion, light fires and retreat. Or bring something with an autocannon and a hatchet, like an Axman. The Warhammer is more suitable for the duel as the Mad Cat won't be able to bring it's speed into play at all, but I think it would still lose faster than you wanted it to.

D: Good firing avenues, no speed bumps, little cover and not much use for jump jets and then no minimum ranges when it gets up close and personal, the clans would lay waste to their Inner Sphere opponents.
ghostrider
05/20/17 04:00 PM

Thought about the skills after I went to bed.
Using normal skills for each, the clanners are normally just better. The pulse weapons make it that much easier for them to rip into the IS. And that isn't including the fact they have better range, like IS being in medium/short range of clanners weapons, while the IS if firing into medium/long with the same weapons.

As wolf has brought up a good point, the los will basically favor the clanners. Only the jets on the catapult might make a difference as it might be able to get rear shots on the others, but doubtful.
Even if it does, the clanners don't use hand actuators, and the book doesn't say if they use lowers. Flipping both arms is the end result if they can do it. Luck and alot of skill MIGHT allow one to be taken down by the catapult.

Honestly, just one clan mech might be able to take out both IS mechs. Just depends on if both can fire at once on the clanner and keep up the fire. Lrm 20's with no minimum, along with pulse lasers is hard to compete with in close quarters.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3657

Contact Admins Sarna.net