ANH-2Y Annihilator (Blazer Mafia)

Pages: 1
GiovanniBlasini
05/26/17 06:46 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Seriously considered going with four Blazers on this, before I realized that would be too insane. With twin HPPCs and twin Blazers, you've got options at different ranges. Command console helped pad out remaining tonnage on something useful, and armor improved while I was at it. Three improved jump jets helps with mobility.

Code:

Annihilator ANH-2Y
IS experimental
100 tons
BV: 2,241
Cost: 9,668,667 C-bills

Movement: 2/3/3
Engine: 200
Heat Sinks: 16 [32]
Cockpit: Command Console
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 152
Armor: 280/307
Internal Armor
--------------------------------------
Head 9
Center Torso 31 40
Center Torso (rear) 11
Right Torso 21 30
Right Torso (rear) 10
Left Torso 21 30
Left Torso (rear) 10
Right Arm 17 30
Left Arm 17 30
Right Leg 21 40
Left Leg 21 40

Weapon Loc Heat
----------------------------------------
Heavy PPC LA 15
Heavy PPC RA 15
Blazer Cannon LT 16
Blazer Cannon RT 16

Equipment Loc
----------------------------------
Standard None
Standard None
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Karagin
05/26/17 10:02 PM

It's going to slowly build up heat, not an over all issue, but you are forcing folks to pick what to fire, cause the silly Alpha move will melt the mech with the 65 plus heat build up.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
GiovanniBlasini
05/27/17 12:00 AM

Quite true. So, at range, you hit them with two 15-point PPC hits, and closer in, you use the blazers instead. With the PPCs, you can run and fire everything, and you build movement heat firing the two blazers, which isn't bad.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
ghostrider
05/27/17 12:25 PM

I don't see the improved jets in the equipment area. I initially missed it being stated in the opening statement.
Armor tonnage would be nice but dividing 180 by 16 shows 17.5 tons.

Would electronics be worth dropping the command console down to a normal cockpit? Even something like ams might help, though the ammo is an issue for something like this.

Almost seems like a heavier version of the masakari/warhawk.
It does appear a little undergunned for a 100 tonner, but I can see that with IS equipment.

It does solve the ammo issue with the original annihilator though.
Rotwang
05/29/17 04:28 PM

I'd swap the command console for a Radical Heat Sink system so I can alpha strike whatever gets close enough.
GiovanniBlasini
06/01/17 01:07 AM

Not a bad idea, but I originally set this for a Jihad era refit. Unfortunately, MegaMekLab, which was all I had on the PC I was on at the time, has utterly craptacular output for forum posting.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 276 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4585

Contact Admins Sarna.net