Linked-Capacitor PPC

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
07/08/17 08:58 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A favorite weapon of mine from the MekTek version of MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries.

Essentially a PPC with a PPC Capacitor, but also a Recharger. The Linked PPC Capacitor would take 2 criticals, weigh 2 tons, and generate twice the heat of the standard PPC Capacitor. It would allow a charged shot to be fired in the same turn.

If it took one critical, it would function as a normal PPC Capacitor, if it took two critical hits, it would disable the whole system, but not the PPC itself. A third critical hit would destroy the whole system, leaving the PPC itself inoperable, but repairable.

The Linked PPC Capacitor could also hold it's charge, for the same heat that a standard PPC Capacitor could, but that would negate it's advantage.

Additionally an Extended PPC Capacitor could be a 4-ton, 4 crit, 3 heat component that would allow you to add 10 damage and fire on the next turn. 1 heat to activate, 2 to fire on the next turn, 2 additional heat per turn the charge is held.

If an Extended PPC Capacitor took a critical hit, it would continue to function as a standard PPC Capacitor, if it took two critical hits, it would cease to function. However it would take an additional 2 critical hits to render the PPC itself unusable. This due to the more complex and robust nature of it's inner workings, allowing the PPC to function even if it the Extended PPC Capacitor is badly damaged. However, on 3 crits, the system is destroyed, even though the PPC itself still functions despite and the fourth crit renders the PPC itself inoperable, but repairable.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
ghostrider
07/09/17 02:26 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I would think all crits should be labeled, and any critical hit do the normal roles.
That would keep it in line with all other weapons and allow you to lose the ppc without damaging the capacitor.
And that could mean a charged capacitor holding heat with no real way to discharge it or cause damage if it is hit with the charge still in place.

The extended should come with the chance to blow up from overcharging the ppc so much.
Though personally, I think it is too much on the overpowering side. But this is my opinion.

I am going to assume the initial charging does not mean firing the weapon twice, as you could abuse it and fire normally, then recharge it with the new system.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 238 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3745

Contact Admins Sarna.net