Small Pulse Laser LT 2

Ammo Loc Shots
----------------------------------------
Heavy Machine Gun Ammo RA 100
Heavy Machine Gun Ammo LA 100

Equipment Loc
----------------------------------
Ejection Seat HD

Basically, death within 3-hexes; the Cattlebrand is a 'Mech that panders to an 'all or nothing' approach to combat. A hyper-specialized close range fighter, the Cattlebrand excels at close-in fighting, backstabbing, and urban warfare. It's 4 Heavy Machine Guns and 4 Small Pulse Lasers bring bristling firepower to bear in a short period of time, blasting away an enemy 'Mechs armor in only a few salvos. A 270-rated Standard fusion engine give it mobility and longevity, while an Ejection Seat helps compensate for the dangerous close-in nature of the 'Mech. A low cost also assists this 'Mech, as losses can be replaced quickly and cheaply.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
ghostrider
09/04/17 09:25 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Riot control is more of what I would think this mech would be deployed as.
Still. It might have it's uses with other things. Without a melee weapon, even close combat seems unlikely.
I understand the better hits with the pulse lasers, but I would think normal or ersls would be a better choice if an actual anti mech unit.

As I do not see it listed, are you using single sinks or double?
Retry
09/05/17 12:13 AM

99% sure they're singles. If they were Compact, Double, or Laser HS, it'd say so.

It's kind of fast but it lacks around half of its firepower past 2 hexes (HMG has no long-range bracket), no jump jets, very much lacking even for a IS mech. Small lasers and machineguns ranges are lacklustre even in urban environments, so the only real role it'd have over something like an Urbanmech is its sheer anti-infantry capability. Otherwise the generic Medium Laser basically outclasses these weapon systems.

I wouldn't call 3 million C-bills cheap for such a specialized battlemech, considering the alternatives available.

If you're going for anti-infantry, then why a 45 tonner? A 25 or 20 tonner would work fine, if not simply going to a light or ultra-light vehicle.
Silverlocust
09/05/17 11:00 AM

It's a 45 ton version of a Piranha
ghostrider
09/05/17 01:00 PM

Armor to survive more then a round or two, or worse, multiple infantry at a single time comes to mind of a heavier unit.
Though I will agree to the range issue. A wasp has more range and with the jets, could stay out of the range of this unit in any sort of terrain with features due to the jets. Ground speed is the same. A jenner might just eat this thing up. A spider. Well that should be apparent.

I do think the full head ejection is good, but it makes me wonder why people think mech pilots are safe after they eject. I would think some units would find the head a fun target to destroy once used. Draconian pilots coming to mind here, as well as maybe capellan. I don't play like that, but I know a few that do.
ATN082268
09/05/17 03:18 PM

For this design, I'd probably ditch all the weapons except 2 of the Small Pulse Lasers. I'd add 2 Medium Lasers, 2 Flamers and 6 Jump Jets. The Small Pulse Lasers and Flamers would work well against Infantry and the Medium Lasers would be useful against Battlearmor. Jump jets are a must in the city Also double heat sinks... Basically like the 35 ton Firestarter
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 99 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4499

Contact Admins Sarna.net