Karagin
07/12/17 10:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Oh and now this from Worktroll:

Quote:
Known: forum issues with posting & logins
« on: 11 July 2017, 22:24:42 »
http://bg.battletech.com/news/forum-issues/

Still having some issues. Please don't create a second account if you're having problems; give the back-of-house guys a chance to see what needs fixing.

So is the site up and running or is it still broken?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.

Edited by Karagin (07/12/17 10:51 PM)
Akalabeth
07/13/17 02:59 PM

Quote:

But not on their main page or the BT main page and nothing on social media, sounds fishy and a but under the table.

I think it's less that it's fishy and more that they just don't give a ****. What's that famous saying? "Don't mistake malice for incompetence"?

Battlemasters on their forum will continually pull out the excuse that CGL is a small company and run by volunteers, etcetera. But hell Amarillo Design Bureau, a company which I dislike, is like 3 people and has better customer service than Catalyst by a mile. The developer, Steve Cole, is on the forums EVERY day. They're on FB every day. When's the last time that Randall Bills was on the CGL forums? Has he posted there this year?

If a small shop like ADB with less people and probably as many or more product lines can do these things then CGL sure as hell can too.
Karagin
07/13/17 05:45 PM

Agreed. Somewhere they have lost touch with how things should be working and relied to much on friends and fans doing the work vs the company doing the work. I keep hearing how the forums are fan run etc...yet without the forums then what would CGL actually be gauging things on what is being asked for or needed? Cause they clearly can't even update their page to tell us when things are out and you happen to catch it when folks talk about it on a forum or maybe something is said on a BT Facebook page...I own a small company, a massage therapist school and my wife and I are always looking for ways and places to advertise the school and what we can offer, and she or I are on the Facebook page daily answering questions or on the website checking the messages there, and it does it old fast, but hey it's part of having a business in this day and age, you have to be active and proactive to keep the customers happy and coming back, the days of reactive business model are long gone.
Karagin

Wrangler
07/16/17 08:47 PM

Sadly there having trouble again. Any idea what happened.
When it hits the fan, make sure your locked, loaded, and ready to go!
Wrangler
07/26/17 11:41 PM

It looks like the site is going to be touch a go for a while. Seems data is intact while we keep getting this 504 Gateway error.

I'm NO WAY expert on this, but sounds like the server the forums is maybe damaged from the hacking or incomplete and missing some parts.

Either case, i'm surprised the company that suppose to be handling the issue hasn't done anything by now. I can't imagine they haven't reported the issue yet.
Karagin
07/27/17 06:41 AM

Depends on who you ask, they aren't that tech savvy when it comes to websites and taking care of them, hence a lot of the issues we have seen over the years. But for it to be still going on...yeah there are bigger issues then just the webpage though.
Karagin

Wrangler
07/31/17 09:30 AM

I think they need get another company. Unless the causes is them trying retain everything of the old forums (data-wise).
These cut off are murder sometimes.
Wrangler
10/13/17 10:59 PM

Here we go again...I hope it didn't loose data from this crash or other wise.

Does anyone know if this was a plan maintenance thing? :/

Edit: Oh. Good (sarcasm) Gateway Error 502...I guess they didn't fix that.

Edited by Wrangler (10/14/17 08:25 AM)
phobos101
10/14/17 06:23 PM

All I seem to be able to get is a database error, and that's been the case for just under 24 hours now.
CrayModerator
10/16/17 05:01 PM

Quote:
All I seem to be able to get is a database error, and that's been the case for just under 24 hours now.

It's back up as of 10/16. No, I didn't hear what the issue was.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Akalabeth
10/16/17 07:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:

It's back up as of 10/16. No, I didn't hear what the issue was.

I think the issue is "business as usual"
TigerShark
10/17/17 06:28 PM

I'm waiting for the news article explaining that they'll be moving their HQ because someone forgot to pay the rent. lol

"Please excuse the delays while we move into our new space above Dunkin' Donuts in Cheboygan, MI."
Wrangler
01/08/18 10:24 AM

Here we go again. 503 Error code. I hope this service taking care of it will get on it soon. :P
Karagin
01/08/18 12:12 PM

Might help if they actually were on there enough to catch issues BEFORE it goes down. Like oh updating things and such.
Karagin

Wrangler
01/22/18 08:12 AM

Now they got some kind of error going on just the forums themselves. I hope heck the data wasn't lost.
Fallguy
01/22/18 09:33 PM

Getting the following error:

Table './bgbtl_390irja/cbt_messages' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

Don't comment much anymore (yes I'm THAT Fallguy) but I still lurk. Anyone know what goes on?
--
"Luke, you'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi
Karagin
01/23/18 01:00 AM

Well it looks like their issues are back or they got hacked again or someone didn't save the last update right and it crashed. Or they didn't pay their bill.

WoB and Mechanicum might have joined forces with the Cyclons as their ground troops and Skynet as their first wave of attackers.
Karagin

Akalabeth
01/23/18 03:55 PM

Quote:
Don't comment much anymore (yes I'm THAT Fallguy) but I still lurk. Anyone know what goes on?

What's going on? Business as usual. Having the forums or website down is a normal state of being for bg.battletech
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Extra information
2 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 45312

Contact Admins Sarna.net