ER Large Laser LA 12
Medium Pulse Laser RT 4
Medium Pulse Laser LT 4

Ammo Loc Shots
----------------------------------------
Streak LRM 10 Ammo HD 12

Carrying Capacity:
One battle armor squad

Much as the title would imply, this is my favorite 'Mech of all time... the Mad Dog. I've always viewed it as an Ace-Pilot's Timber Wolf, and it is the sole reason why I have such a hard-on for 60-ton heavies. As a kid playing MW2 / GBL / and MW2:Mercs, I had upwards of a hundred variants of this 'Mech.

So this is my conversion of it. How I feel the Prime Config would look like honed down to a razor's edge. I suppose the Med. Pulse Lasers could be swapper for a pair of ER Meds and Micro Pulse for anti-infantry work, and more emulation of the T-Wolf, but I wanted to re-create it in it's standard role as a fire support 'Mech.

Now, to that end, this rebuild uses an Endo-Steel chassis, making it a factory-level refit. The same engine is augmented by a pair of Jump Jets, giving an already fast 60-tonner the edge on rough terrain. A pair of Streak-LRM10s with one ton of ammo give matching endurance with more accuracy. This is to supplement the swap from Large Pulse to ER Large Lasers, which removes the accuracy bonus in exchange for better range.

This refit has more of a 'one-on-one' feel to it, since I prefer a 'Mech that can stand on it's own while fulfilling a fire-support role. The cost of this is obviously sheer hitting power, however... 16 Double Heat Sinks ensure firing and moving is less of a chore, thus bringing the full weight of your armament to bear more often and without sacrificing much needed mobility. On top of that, an additional 2 tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor ensures greater staying and fighting power once your ammo bins run dry. To that end, the missile ammo is mounted in the Head, meaning enemies must make harder shots to get at it.

6 salvos means the bins run dry as fast as the Prime, meaning the vulnerability is gone, thus the 'soften and shoot' nature of the 'mech is preserved. This is simply my personal take on the Mad Dog, and I would love some critique of it. I feel it makes it more of a "my kind of 'Mech" feeling to it. While not sacrificing what made the Mad Dog so appealing to me in the first place, namely the straight forward 'lead with missiles, finish with lasers play style. This simply gives it more independence in a duel and makes it more viable for an en masse kind of assault. Which is the Heavies bread and butter. Less 'en masse' than Mediums, but more of the 'oh **** they really want objective X' kind of en masse. Or a proper assault, so to speak.

Anyway, as I said, would love criticism of this 'Mech. As if the title was begging for it enough. ;p
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
Karagin
10/19/17 01:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I would drop the 2 jump jets for more ammo for the Streaks at the very least and if not then go with something like AMS or B-Pods and why is it carrying battlearmor? Also keep in mind that what works in the computer games doesn't always translate over the board/miniatures game.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin
10/19/17 01:17 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Also you can lower the sinks and still not over heat and get more ammo or a Targeting computer, thus gaining back some accuracy.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.

Edited by Karagin (10/19/17 01:22 AM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3401

Contact Admins Sarna.net