Fuel shuttle

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
11/05/17 07:07 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Warning this post is illegal to cannon crew rules. This was designed using house crew rules found here.
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/182557/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD
If you dont like the use of house rules dont read any farther.

Class/Model/Name: small craft, Fuel transport
Mass: 200 tons
Spheroid

Equipment: Mass
Power Plant, Drive & Control: 39.00
Thrust: Safe Thrust: 3
Maximum Thrust: 5
Structural Integrity: 5 2.00
Total Heat Sinks: 6 standard 0.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: 82 days 154.02
Bridge, Controls, Radar, Computer & Attitude Thrusters: 1.50
Fire Control Computers: .00
Armor Type: (32 total armor pts)(+5) 2.00

Standard Scale Armor Pts
Fore: 13
Left/Right Wings: 13/13
Aft: 13

Crew and Passengers:

1) Senior Officers Quarters are calculated in terms of single rooms at six tons each
2) Junior Officers Quarters are calculated in terms of double rooms at four tons each
3) Enlisted Crew Quarters are calculated in terms of quad bunks rooms at three tons each

2 Crew (2 minimum) (1 tons each room) 1.00
Cargo .48

Cost 5,623,000 C-Bills

This is a standard fuel shuttle that can be found just about anywhere in the Enter Sphere or in Clan space. It is striped of anything that is not down right mandatory to do its job of carrying fuel. That is done so it can maximize the amount of fuel it can carry each run.

This fuel shuttle is really intended for short runs of a few hours to a day though is capable of being out for a few days if out right forced to. Because its not meant for long runs crew quarters are extremely sparse and is not comfortable in any stretch of the imagination. If this shuttle is based on any ship the shuttles crew must be given cabin space on the carrying ship as its own crew cabin is entirely unsuitable for long term use. Being forced to stay in the shuttle for days on end will affect the crews piloting skill checks or any other skill checks. The longer they are forced to stay in the shuttle the worse their skill checks will become.

Its not unknown for an enemy to get their hands on a fuel shuttle and to modify the fuel tanks to hold liquid oxygen and Hydrogen. Upon landing in a shuttle bay of a dropship or warship the liquid oxygen and Hydrogen would be releases within the shuttle bay and then detonated. In most dropships this would either outright destroy the dropship or to do so much extensive damage to the dropship that it is not worth repairing. In warships this would do so much damage that warship might be laid up for years to repair all of the damage if the damage is worth repairing and not to just have the warship torn apart for parts to either repair other warships or to be used to build new warships of the same class. Because of this threat most ships are very weary of questionable fuel shuttles landing inside the ships shuttle bay to do refueling operations.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
11/05/17 09:35 PM

Quick question.
Is the .48 cargo the fuel? Or for other things?
I ask, as I wonder how much fuel this thing carries for refueling ships. Even if it is a typo, and actually 48 tons, it sounds a little low for a dedicated fueling shuttle.

I am going out on a limb and thinking your listing under fuel & fuel pumps is for the craft itself, and not from transfer to anything else.
11/06/17 10:16 AM

You took an almost fatal fall from climbing out onto that limb. The 151 tons of fuel and the 3.02 tons of fuel pumps are for the shuttles use and for supping other ships fuel. What would a short range shuttle need 151 tons of fuel for? If the shuttle is only going for very short trip of a few hours a ton of fuel should be more than enough fuel for the shuttles use and it can supply other ships the other 150 tons of fuel. If the shuttle has to travel farther then the shuttle would have less fuel to supply other ships as it will need it for its own use.

If you added up everything you would have seen that the .48 (less than a half ton) was correct. That less than half of a ton was just left over weight so I just dumped in into cargo.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
11/06/17 12:50 PM

Come on. What fun is it to not find the weakest branch and jump up and down on it?
It is even more fun when you do it over the side of a very big cliff.

As I said before, not having the books other then aerotech, the original, the pumps is beyond what I got.
For some reason, I was thinking short range and short trips were not hand in hand. Also, the lack of weapons means staying near other ships. So spending a full day flying around a jump point might be short range, but not necesarily short trips.
Yes, I should have figured it out.
11/06/17 05:16 PM

*Hides from Cray*

Responds privately to keep from getting into trouble with mods.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
11/06/17 08:11 PM

Quote:
*Hides from Cray*

Responds privately to keep from getting into trouble with mods.

Per: http://www.sarna.net/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/154790/an/0/page/0#154790

The rules apply to PMs, too.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3835

Contact Admins Sarna.net