Question about the Roughneck

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Requiemking
12/07/17 03:02 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So, I'm from the MWO forums, and I have a little question about the Roughneck. As far as we are aware in our little corner of the internet(IE the MWO forums), the Roughneck was canonised by CGL as a form of thanks to Alex "flyingdebris" Iglesias for all he has done for Battletech. So, I'm kinda curious as to why it is labelled as apocryphal content.
FrabbyModerator
12/07/17 03:47 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm out of the loop regarding MWO, but the basic situation is this:

The fluff (and that only - thus not neccessarily the configurations) of the Hero 'Mechs was expressly declared canonical by Randall Bills.

Is the Roughneck a Hero 'Mech? If so, then it was canonized in full via Bills' ruling from when he was Line Developer.

If the Roughneck is not a Hero 'Mech then it might still be canonical - if such a declaration was made by one of the people who can decide over BattleTech canon, typically the Line Developer or Assistant Line Developer.
I'm not aware of such a ruling, but I don't play MWO and have a hard time finding anything on their forums. (Like, it'd be great to have a list of Hero 'Mechs and links to their fluff. No luck.)

Otherwise, the design is apocryphal on grounds of being a licensed third-party BattleTech invention.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 85

Contact Admins Sarna.net