RE: Looking for Feedback The Type-13, a 65-ton ComStar C3i 'Mech

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
02/12/18 10:07 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
--- Effectively, I just want your opinion's on it.

-- What would you change?

-- How would you use it?

-- Where / when / in what terrain / situations do you think it would work best?

-- Too expensive for what you get?

--- An etc. etc. Thoughts?

BattleMech Technical Readout

Type/Model: Type-13 Type-13
Tech: Inner Sphere / 3067
Config: Biped BattleMech
Rules: Level 3, Standard design

Mass: 65 tons
Chassis: Composite
Power Plant: 325 VOX XL Fusion
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor Type: Heavy Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
2 LRM 10s w/ Artemis IV
2 Med X-Pulse Lasers
2 Small X-Pulse Lasers
1 TAG
1 Improved C³ CPU
1 Guardian ECM
2 Anti-Personnel Pods
Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model: Type-13 Type-13
Mass: 65 tons

Equipment: Crits Mass
Int. Struct.: 104 pts Composite 0 3.50
Engine: 325 XL Fusion 12 12.00
Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 13 Double [26] 0 3.00
Compact Gyro: 2 6.00
Torso-Mounted Cockpit, Life Supt., Sensors: 6 4.00
Actuators: L: Sh+UA+LA+H R: Sh+UA+LA+H 16 .00
Armor Factor: 169 pts Heavy Ferro-Fibrous 21 8.50
(Armor Crit Loc: 6 LA, 6 RA, 3 LT, 3 RT, 1 CT, 1 LL, 1 RL)

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 21 24
Center Torso (Rear): 8
L/R Side Torso: 15 18/18
L/R Side Torso (Rear): 6/6
L/R Arm: 10 16/16
L/R Leg: 15 24/24

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Crits Mass
1 LRM 10 w/ Artemis IV RT 4 24 5 8.00
(Ammo Locations: 1 LA, 1 RA)
1 Med X-Pulse Laser RT 6 1 2.00
1 Small X-Pulse Laser RT 3 1 1.00
1 LRM 10 w/ Artemis IV LT 4 3 6.00
1 Med X-Pulse Laser LT 6 1 2.00
1 Small X-Pulse Laser LT 3 1 1.00
1 TAG CT 0 1 1.00
1 Improved C³ CPU HD 0 2 2.50
1 Guardian ECM HD 0 2 1.50
1 Anti-Personnel Pod LL 0 1 .50
1 Anti-Personnel Pod RL 0 1 .50
CASE II Equipment: 2 2.00
(CASE II Loc: 1 LA, 1 RA)
TOTALS: 26 78 65.00
Crits & Tons Left: 0 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 19,335,084 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 1,401 (old BV = 1,220)
Cost per BV2: 13,800.92
Weapon Value: 1,271 / 1,170 (Ratio = .91 / .84)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 25; MRDmg = 13; LRDmg = 6
BattleForce2: MP: 5, Armor/Structure: 4/3
Damage PB/M/L: 4/4/2, Overheat: 0
Class: MH; Point Value: 14
Specials: if, ecm, tag, c3i

--- Designer's Notes:

-- A ComStar unit designed with and specifically for the C3i unit. Meant to act as a Forward Combat Coordinator, the Type-13 mounts impressive electronics for it's weight. While having a bantam weight armament for it's size and sub-par armor... only 80% of it's total value. Twin LRM-10s with Artermis IV FCS help improve accuracy, while dual Medium X-Pulse Lasers complement a set of Small X-Pulse lasers for back-up and anti-infantry duty. Two Anti-Personnel Pods further enhance this, while the inclusion of a TAG allows the unit to operate at the same level as a standard C3 Master Unit.

-- The unit was engineered with CASE II protected Shoulder Mounted Magazines for the LRM-10 ammo, of which there is a single ton in each arm. This prevented automaticly shearing of the arm in the event of a few rounds going off, although not a full magazine. Composite structure rendered the BattleMechs insides squishy, while Heavy Ferro-Fibrous Armor gives it the maximum protection possible from it's 8.5 tons of armor.

-- With it's Extra-Light Fusion Engine, the Type-13 benefits from a cruising speed of 54.0 km/h and serves well in it's intended role while booking double-duty as a Medium 'Mech Hunter and Raider. The Torso-Mounted Cockpit benefits from the Extra-Light's increased chance of a Side-Torso Kill, while the use of a Compact Gyro allows the Guardian ECM to be kept in the Center Torso, ensuring that while a Head hit might destroy the C3i and/or TAG, it will not impair the unit's ability to fight under ECM or provide it's benefits to allies.

Attachment (139 downloads)
"Woad Raider, kill things today."

Edited by l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ (02/12/18 10:07 PM)
ghostrider
02/12/18 10:53 PM

Not sure if the artemis system is compatable with the c3 or c3i.
And from the looks of the c3i, there is no master or slaves, so this unit being the forward coordinator may be a bit off.
Range is where you have the advantage with the c3. If you are sitting out at 7 to use lrms, that is medium range for mls and srms.
Something fast, heavy armored, real short ranged weapons would be a better forward targeting unit. This might be better as back up to that unit. Jets would probably be a good idea as well. Get over a ridge quickly, on a flank sort of idea.
Also, jets let you get out even in extreme heat conditions.

Suggestions.
Might put more longer range weapons and use another unit in closer for targeting, such as more missile packs, or ermls, or switch to srms, and get in closer, just hammer anything you can, and get out before they can swarm you.
I don't mind the xl engine crits in the sides, as it allows for more weapons and such, though others would say no go with it.
With the ecm, it might be better to get in closer to the enemy, and block their systems with it.

Not sure if flamers would be better for anti infantry or not. Might be a good secondary function for the unit, as to light up fires and guild the enemy into your kill zones. But this is questionable.
The torso mounted cockpit, Im not sure about. Guess I have to look it up to see what advantages it has. Right now, it seems overweight and over crit.

Just checked, and it doesn't seem worth the extra penalties with it. But that is my opinion.

Edited by ghostrider (02/12/18 10:55 PM)
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
02/12/18 11:55 PM

Huh, the more I look at this, the more I like it.

It's Inner Sphere Tech, which is my favorite. and has the qualities of two of my favorite 'Mechs, the Raven and the Mad Dog. Could even add a BAP and a ton more armor to it. I really like it as is. Still looking for more opinions though.

I also have a weird thing for X-Pulse Lasers... for some reason. Maybe it's that edgy 'X' in the name... dunno.
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
02/13/18 12:07 AM

To clarify on the "Forward Combat Coordinator" Role. I was meaning a Mech that does the following.

-Gets into the thick of battle.

-Acts as a combat capable C3 spotter for anyone else with C3i

-Acts as an LRM Second-Line 'Mech and a Front-Line 'Mech

-Acts as sort of a 'Secondary Commanders' 'Mech

-Isn't dead weight outside of it's intended role.

The idea is to spot for other units, and to have other units spot for it, depending on the situation. The LRM-10s have the combined firepower of an LRM-20, but with Artemis to make it more reliable than just one LRM-20.

It is for all intensive purposes a frontline 'Mech, but fulfills the role of a Raven alongside it. perhaps "Combat Scout" would have been clearer. My apologies.

I thought the term "Forward" would assume "In the thick of it"

As far as 'Secondary Commander" I mean sort of the Mechwarrior equivalent of a Sergeant, or someone Leading the Sergeant, like a Lance Corporal. I effectively (and accidentally) mixed the Mad Dog and Raven together and smushed them into an IS-only Tech Base.

As for the rules issues, I have no idea. As for the overweighted and over-critted, HeavyMetalPro validated it. Although again I have no idea.
ghostrider
02/13/18 10:18 PM

The over weight over criitted is about the torso mounted cockpit. Not rules wise, but the head mounted one is less wieght, and not as space consuming as the torso mounted one.

I did realized forward would be the main unit spotting for others, which is why I said something about the weapons packages and the lack of jets. Once in a good range, running around to be a harder to hit target does have some issues. Sooner or later, you end up with someone being able to physical attack you, if not just gang up on the unit and eliminate it. An ecm among the enemy would remove the c3i advantage.

The lrms are nice for range. That is no doubt. But as I said. When trying to stay within a good range for others to use, the lrms are a bit of a liability.

And the penalty of to the piloting roles is not worth it in my opinion. Though the same thing could be said with the xl cockpit as well.

I hope this clears up some of the issues with the first post.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3534

Contact Admins Sarna.net