RE: The Malus to Dark Age, Anyone still playing MegaMek?

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
02/12/18 11:52 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What's with everyone hating on Dark Age? I've never played any TableTop BattleTech.

Would anyone like to weigh in on it?

Also, anyone still on MegaMek? I'd care to try a game. Not new to war games, played Risk, Risk 2050 (?), Axis and Allies. as well as games like D&D. Even do homebrew RPGs and rules.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
wolf_lord_30
02/13/18 10:41 AM

At the risk of upsetting people, Risk is not a wargame. It is a diluted board game. Ha ha.
But enough of that, I never knock someone for enjoying a game. If you like it and find people to play it with, that's what really counts.
I belong to a small gaming group, intergalacticmm.enjin.com. You can also get into our discord channel from there and talk to us. Due to my health, I haven't been gaming much at all lately, but usually there is a decent chance of getting in and either playing a game or at least setting up a time for later.
As far as Dark Ages, there are so many things that I don't like, but it just sounds like a rant. It all comes down to preference, and my gaming group and I prefer 3025 to 3055 eras. Nothing exists beyond 3062. We refuse to acknowledge that.
Nah, seriously though, if you wanted to play in later eras, you could find one of us willing to get out of our comfort zone.
Wrangler
02/14/18 10:31 PM

People play MegaMek. There are servers. I play with my friend on weekly basis. We play in the Dark age as does a group i casually play with. Doing mercenary campaign from 3132.

I know of a group that does RPG in Battletech using ShadowRun rules which have has magic removed and cybernetics brought down to near Battletech levels by after the Jihad. Which is actually interesting time to RPG. I've played using SR5 rules converted for these purposes and frankly i enjoyed them than using the A Time for War. Having more die to roll and rules themselves are plain funner than ATOW.
When it hits the fan, make sure your locked, loaded, and ready to go!
TigerShark
02/16/18 06:19 PM

I run a server called Mekwars: Dominion that's set in the Star League era (www.mekwars-dominion.com) and there's another set in the Succession Wars age (www.mekwars.org). Legends 2.0 is around, but I don't have a link for them.

http://www.mekwars.org/mwtracker

^ Server tracker showing who's on and what servers are live
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3583

Contact Admins Sarna.net