Old-Style Pirate Cannons on BattleMechs; Looking for designs!

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
03/19/18 10:34 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So, I had the crazy [like CRAZY crazy] (Like, you know, the CRAZY crazy kinda crazy, ya know?);

Idea to make a slightly more modern {read 'with a modern loading mechanism'} form of cannon, like those found on old wooden ships.

I'm looking for exact designs as in tonnage / crits/ ammo per ton/ heat generated by firing/ damage per shot/ range brackets w/ ranges etc.

The overarching idea however is that they are manually aimed, as in cannot be mated to the 'Mechs target tracking systems. Kinda like dumb fire missiles... only dumb-er.

So there are two attack rolls, the first is the 'did I get close?' roll. Since they are so hard to aim, having a Push to Fire button and a 'Get the target into this big circle and pray' style fixed reticule only; it's kinda hard to hit with. After that a normal attack roll, call it the 'okay I'm close, but did I ACTUALLY hit it?' roll. Followed by the Hit Location roll, or 'Okay, I hit it... but WHERE?' roll.

Otherwise suffering no other to hit penalties, outside of the fact it must make BOTH attack rolls to hit.

Rules tweaks welcome, appreciated and encouraged!
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
AmaroqStarwind
03/26/18 03:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Better than my Mech-sized pressure washer idea.

What you described sounds like the Gauss Rifle equivalent of a Medium Rifle.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 111 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2634

Contact Admins Sarna.net