One-Shot Launchers, LRM / SRM Ammo Types

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
03/02/18 05:39 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What ammo can I put in a One-Shot Launcher? Can I put Swarm LRMs, or Tandem-Charge SRMs?

Can I use Artemis FCS or Narc Capable ammo, or Fragmentation SRMs?

I am aware of the limitations of Streaks, but I could hypothetically put Swarm OR Thunder LRM ammo in a standard LRM 5, so can I do it with a One-Shot LRM 5?

Thanks in advance!
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
Reiter
03/02/18 06:52 PM

Wasting tonnage

Rocket Launcher 20

1/2 the range of the LRM 5, for the same weight of the launcher itself and 4x the damage. As for the rules and hit values, I forget them exactly.

Quote:
Rather than being linked to one or more one-ton ammunition bins, a one-shot weapon weighs an extra half-ton to represent the round inside it.

For an additional half ton, might as well carry a full ton of ammo for the standard weapon. If using specialty ammo, build the mech around carrying a ton of it to increase your mileage.

Boat rocket launchers if you want one shot launchers, according to the wiki if you LRM-5 + Artemis (as allowed) + .5 ton for the one shot ammo = 3.5 tons. Rocket Launcher 10 weighs .5 tons, for 3.5 tons you get 7 launchers. Cannot remember any particual one, but there where several mechs that carried many of them during the dark ages I think at least from what I read in the Sarna wiki.

But those are my opinions.
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
03/03/18 12:38 PM

So, can I put special ammo in a One-Shot Launcher? Yes or no?
Reiter
03/05/18 06:42 AM

Sure, why not.
Maurer
03/05/18 08:49 PM

It is as Reiter said, One shot launchers designated with an (OS) after the launcher (LRM-5 (OS), SRM-2 (OS) follow all the typical rules associated with missile launchers. Artemis or Narc capable ammo requires an Artemis IV FCS equipped on the unit or a Narc Beacon Launcher equipped on the unit or friendly unit. Standard ammo or specialty ammo can be used in (OS) launchers, but can not take advantage of Artemis or Narc Systems.

The only requirement of OS launchers is that they be designated (OS) on the mech sheet and marked off when the shot is used. Ammo weighs .5 tons for the single round.

All in all, OS launchers are best for speciality ammo such as a single round of Inferno or Smoke missles. If you are going for damage, use the standard full ton of ammo.
"Captain! We're completely surrounded on all sides." - Kiff, Futurama
..."Excellent, then we may attack in any direction." - Zapp Brannigan, Futurama

"A fool fights a war on two fronts; only an idiot defends on one." - Fusilier
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
03/06/18 01:03 AM

That's exactly why I wanted to know; as I designed a 'Mech around Rocket Launchers and One-Shot Launchers to specifically carry Thunder Ammo, Inferno, Fragmentation, Smoke, etc. It's an OmniMech I'll be posting later that has twin Shoulder Turrets to make full use of the firing arcs. I haven't finished all the variants yet and intend to do a full write up of it and some other 'Mechs soon.
AmaroqStarwind
03/27/18 12:22 PM

A Timber Wolf with One-shot Mech Mortars instead of LRMs would be funny to play with
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
AmaroqStarwind
05/02/18 06:17 PM

Quote:
Wasting tonnage

Rocket Launcher 20

1/2 the range of the LRM 5, for the same weight of the launcher itself and 4x the damage. As for the rules and hit values, I forget them exactly.

Use a pair of Rocket Launcher 10s instead, you will get longer range, and waste less space and tonnage that way.
RL-10: 0.5 Tons, 1 Crit, 3 Heat. Max Range of 18.
RL-20: 1.5 Tons, 3 Crits, 5 Heat. Max Range of 12.

Also, Improved One-Shot launchers are similar to regular One-Shot launchers, but without the extra weight.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 99 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5678

Contact Admins Sarna.net