Designs Wanted: Racing 'Mechs (Protos, LAMs and QuadVees allowed)

Pages: 1
AmaroqStarwind
04/03/18 03:31 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Myself and some friends came up with a few ideas for a short adventure/scenario pack revolving entirely around underground BattleMech racing, and I am trying to figure out some designs for example Racing Mechs. For the purposes of this discussion, ProtoMechs, Quad Mechs, Land Air Mechs and QuadVees are all allowed. HoverMechs don't exist as a canon unit, but I have a soft spot for Hovercraft in racing setups, so I will allow those too.

There are some important rules to keep in mind however, since this is a race first, and not a battle. Additionally, it is important that the audience survives to tell their friends;
- All units must be Jump Capable.
- If a pilot dies during the race, oh well, **** happens. However, no units may mount weapons with the exopress intention of killing pilots, and deliberately causing the death of another contender will have big consequences.
- Yes, contenders can be eliminated from a race if you cause sufficient damage to their mech.
- Specialized anti-infantry weapons (such as Fragmentation Missiles, Fuel-Air Explosive, Flechette or Incendiary Munitions) are not allowed, since the spectators kind of need to survive.
- Heavy Artillery is not allowed. Mech Mortars are okay.
- Void Signature and Mimetic Armor are not allowed.
- Fission Engines are not allowed.
- Non-cluster weapons that do more than 10 points of damage per shot are not allowed. SRM-6, GAU-15, LRM-15 and LB 12-X (Cluster only), for example, are okay.
- Land Air Mechs are allowed, but they may not operate in Fighter Mode, only BattleMech and Air Mech modes.
- IndustrialMechs, Commercial Armor, Composite Internal Structure, etc... Are allowed. In fact, Commercial Armor and Composite Internal Structures are encouraged.
- Hardened Armor... Is technically allowed, but very strongly discouraged, since it implies that you are looking for a fight.
- PPC Capacitors are not allowed, except on Light PPCs.
- TSEMP Cannons are not allowed.

Happy designing, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
https://youtu.be/W637xyjv3io
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
AmaroqStarwind
04/04/18 03:52 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
And now is when I finally realize that I put this in the wrong section, but I can't delete my own posts.

Crap.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2640

Contact Admins Sarna.net