Voltron and BattleTech

Pages: 1
AmaroqStarwind
04/18/18 07:35 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I recently started watching the Netflix version of Voltron, and I keep trying to think about how everything would stack up in a BattleTech-style... Thing (the word I'm looking for escapes me at this time)

Has anyone else been watching the show recently? If so, what sort of BattleTech spin would you throw at it? Obviously, flying quad mechs and multiple combining mechs are both out of the question if somebody wanted to actually make Voltron in BattleTech.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
ghostrider
04/18/18 03:58 PM

If you didn't follow cannon rules, I think you could do something like that. Might not have any benefits to even try though. Make all the units that combine 20 tonners, and end result could be a super heavy mech. Thinking composite or endosteel for extra strength in it.
But it would be slow, no flying as all the lighter mechs would not house the jets required to even attempt a jump.
I would think a weakness in the locations where they would connect to each other. Technically the pods for omni's might provide the out for the lack of joining units together.
But this would be pushing ever limit of the rules to get the unit working. And the sword would have to be limited to the 20 tonner that made that arm.
AmaroqStarwind
04/19/18 02:23 AM

Well, you do have to consider that Voltron is alien lostech, and has been lostech for 10,000 years. Who knows what sorts of overpowered crap that thing is hiding...

It also definitely seems to have something similar to Enhanced Imaging, just without the implants.

Hmm. If you took one of the Paladins of Voltron and put them in the cockpit of a regular BattleMech, how long do you think it would take them to learn how to use it?

On the other hand, I have no doubts about the ability for a MechWarrior to figure out how to operate Voltron, though not all habits a MechWarrior would have are good ones, and might actually have catastrophic results in one of the lions.

Akalabeth
04/19/18 04:50 AM

Quote:
Obviously, flying quad mechs and multiple combining mechs are both out of the question

Are they?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Scorpion_LAM

Grognards will always tell you that "Quirks are optional rules" so ignore the quirks and you got yourself a LAM
AmaroqStarwind
04/19/18 10:23 AM

I think we should probably start with designing the lions themselves... So far, there are three classes, and what we know about them so far...

- Black Lion: Forms the torso and main body. Has a lot of the good stuff.
- Red and Green Lions: The most maneuverable, they form the arms. The Red Lion has heat inducing weapons (such as Plasma Rifles), and the Green Lion has Null Sig, Chameleon LPS and Nova CEWS.
- Blue and Yellow lions: Heavy hitters. The Yellow Lion has Ferro Lamellor armor, and the Blue Lion is configured to fight underwater.

Note: The Red Lion has suffered several critical hits over the course of its service life (CRITICAL DAMAGE: Left Torso!), and is probably never going to operate at peak efficiency again.

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6381

Contact Admins Sarna.net