New BattleTech game on Steam

Pages: 1
Maurer
04/29/18 01:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So, I thought I would share a little new BattleTech game by Harebrained Schemes recently released. I'v been playing the last couple days and having a blast.

It is very tabletop-like along with a little Mechwarrior RPG. Very challenging, the tutorial was the easiest part and it gets harder after that.

My only gripes is it uses inflated damage and armor values, but seems very balanced and I am not sure how to feel about ballastic weapons - while the A/C-2 is no plinker, ballastics get a recoil penalty where the more turns they fire in succession, an accuracy penalty is induced I guess to balance about against energy weapons which will overheat quickly.

Protip: You start out with a Vindicator in your lance, it's kinda like a sniper in your first few missions. Keep it up and running as fast as you can repair it.
"Captain! We're completely surrounded on all sides." - Kiff, Futurama
..."Excellent, then we may attack in any direction." - Zapp Brannigan, Futurama

"A fool fights a war on two fronts; only an idiot defends on one." - Fusilier
AmaroqStarwind
04/29/18 01:41 AM

We already know about the game. It has been all over the Sarna news.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
ghostrider
04/29/18 03:51 AM

not everyone reads the news.
Karagin
04/29/18 12:44 PM

It's a new COMPUTER VIDEO GAME, not an actual box set or pen and paper game, let's make that clear, so as NOT to cause confusion.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin
04/29/18 12:46 PM

It's been all over Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Google+ for the last two years....like folks have been either talking about it or CGL/HBS/PGI have been pushing ads and such for it every day, about the only thing they seem to be pushing really with support.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
wolf_lord_30
04/29/18 08:30 PM

I finally broke down and picked up a copy (nothing against the game, just don't play my PC as much as I used to).

I am impressed with it. And the storyline is already engaging two missions in.
I was also able to get a game in with one of my gaming buddies. Very fun, very close game. Initiative takes a little bit to get used to, and I'd forget about using special abilities, but I had no complaints. What was funny, we chose a stock lance, and chose the same lance.
happyguy49
04/30/18 03:26 AM

I was one of the backers, but I didn't partake of the beta testing. Just installed and started it sunday. I think it's fun! But beware that the campaign is as much a scarcity-based economics simulator as a tactical game, a new player will have to be careful not to go bankrupt if they enjoy fiddling with their mech's loadouts. (plus they are NOT omni's lol, a refit can take over a month.)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3967

Contact Admins Sarna.net