CASE RT/LT

Quirks:
Extended Torso Twist
Protected Actuators

Variants:

5a
Exchanges the ECM and CASE for CASE II systems for enhanced survivability

ERA Refit
Dark-Age refit, exchanges Standard Armor for clan-spec Reactive Armor. Compatible with either the 5a or the regular 5 variant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, that's 100 streak missile tubes on a 'Mech missile boat.

A bunch of people over at the official forums were having a debate on the merits of Streak LRM. I was surprised at how negative the reaction was in general against the Streak LRM. I knew the SLRM wasn't all that popular, but still, a few wanted to reduce the weight of the SLRMs as much as 75% of their current weight before even considering them (so SLRM5=1.5 tons, SLRM=7.5 tons, etc). Which, with my experience with fiddling with the numbers on canon and non-canon designs alike, didn't jive with me, and I feel the SLRM isn't getting its due there.

Well, here's the first counterpoint: a Streak LRM boat with 100 tubes and the heat sinks to fire them all while remaining heat neutral at most to-hit numbers. The Bane 3, by comparison, has 120 non-streak LRM tubes, not enough heat sinks to fire all of them while staying heat neutral, and 16 tons of ammo. Overall, the Streak Bane's battlefield endurance is better than the LRM Bane's despite having only half the total ammunition, the net damage output is better, and there's not quite as many explodey bits to go off. (2/3rds of the Bane 3's side torsos are full of ammunition). The Bane 5 is a marked improvement over the Bane 3.

Can the Streak LRM replace the LRM entirely? No, the LRM is still lighter, can indirect-fire, and has access to specialty munitions. But the Streak LRM is certainly not inferior to the LRM, and is not to be written off lightly.
ATN082268
05/03/18 02:28 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I like this design. It will generally do well on the battlefield unless there is enemy Angel ECM floating around. Although also vulnerable to AMS, there are so many launchers that it would likely be a non-issue. Personally I wouldn't use CASE II (like in the 5a variant) in a location unless there was only 1 slot of ammo or 1 explosive weapon in that location; Good way to mulch up the pilot
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 108 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2947

Contact Admins Sarna.net