Moray Submarine

Pages: 1
Retry
05/24/18 08:18 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The Moray is one of the few canon submarine designs, and it's an expensive bugger at over 60 million C-Bills.

It's a weird design, since it's fluffed to be able to withstand "incredible abuse" with heavy armor and CASE. But with more than 50 points of armor on its weakest location, there's just no way it's not going to get breached by a torpedo long before that point ever arrives. And how does the CASE really increase its survivability? The explosion gets redirected to the rear of the vehicle, which destroys the armor there, and then the vehicle is automatically breached since there's no armor left. In other words, instead of being engulfed by an instant, nearly painless explosion, the crew drowns to death instead. Not a great alternative. though I suppose you could maybe salvage the vehicle from the ocean depths...
ghostrider
05/24/18 11:20 PM

They don't have emergency escape pods on it?
Kind of dumb not to.

And that does bring back the motto. Life is cheap. Equipment isn't.
wolf_lord_30
05/25/18 06:31 PM

I've played Red November, a game where you and your friends control a group of gnomes trying to keep the sub intact long enough to become rescued. Not a very realistic comparison, but the idea is the same with the case.

Case in this scenario is more of an after the battle matter than in game. There is a chance of survival versus none at all. Doors can be welded shut, bulkheads hastily repaired, fires out out. Yes, the crew will more than likely die, but it's not a guaranteed death like with no case.

This reminds me, I still want to play a game with the Kraken Unleashed. I've had to change a few mechs to accommodate UMU and torpedo launchers. I've just never got around to actually playing with them.

Edited by wolf_lord_30 (05/25/18 06:34 PM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 68 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2641

Contact Admins Sarna.net