Flamer - 3 - Head - 1 - .5
Streak Long Range Missile-20 - 6 - LT - 5 - 10
2 Streak LRM-20 Ammo (12) - * - LT - 2 - 2
2 Streak Short Range Missile-4s - 6 - LT - 2 - 4
Streak SRM-4 Ammo (25) - * - LT - 1 - 1
Targeting Computer - * - RA - 2 - 2
Extended Range Medium Laser - 5 - RA - 1 - 1
Medium Pulse Laser - 4 - RA - 1 - 2

The Atlas llC is a mech that the Wolfs In Exile designed and built to be sold to the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces. The Atlas llC follows the standard layout of the Atlas AS7 kinda sorta. The mech was heavily upgraded with some of the most advanced Clan technology.

The first thing that was done was to get the mech to be more of a valuable offensive machine. What good was a mech that could not keep up with the battle? To make the Atlas llC more of an offensive weapon than a defensive weapon system the weight was dropped by five tons so as to make the mech faster utilizing an Extra Light 380 Fusion power plant. It was decided that it was better to drop the weight of the mech than to try to use the Extra Light 400 power plant on a hundred ton mech.

To save weight the standard armor was replaced with Ferro-Fibrras armor. the weight went from nineteen tons to fifteen and a quarter tons with only losing about three and a half percent of the armor protection

The Auto-cannon Twenty in the right torso was replaced with a Gauss Rifle. The Gauss Rifle only does three fourths of the damage than an Auto-cannon Twenty does but the Gauss Rifle far greatly out ranges the Auto-cannon Twenty. To help the Gauss Rifle hit more often it is supplemented with a Targeting Computer. To keep the Gauss Rifle in the fight it was given three tons of ammunition.

The original Atlas had a nice powerful Long Range Missile Twenty system in the left torso that made lots of noise on the battle field. To change that noise to real destructive fire power the Long Range Missile Twenty system was upgraded to the Streak Long Range Missile Twenty system. Now when the long range missiles are fired its not a lot of noisy fire works going off around the target but it is now a really destructive weapon that is truly feared.

The Short Range Missile Six system in the left torso was removed and was replaced with two Streak Short Range Missile Four packs. They take up the same amount of space but do a great deal more damage. Since streak missile systems does not use any ammunition unless the weapons lock on to a target it was decided that the one ton of ammunition that the original mech carried was sufficient for the needs of the two streak Short Range Missile systems.

On the two arms the medium laser was replaced by two medium lasers one an Extended Range and the other a pulse both are assisted by a targeting computer.

The center rear firing lasers where upgraded to the extended version and also assisted by the targeting computer.

To give the mech an additional sense of dread to give any enemy a flame thrower was added to the mouth of the scull. When the prototype was first introduced to the LCAF the test pilot had to be warned multiple times to lay off the flame thrower and that its was not there for the pilot to use as a toy.

To make sure that these mechs are actually used in battles and to keep them out of generals hands as a status symbol an order that came down directly from the thrown no one over the rank of caption may be assigned a Atlas IIC.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
05/24/18 11:33 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I will assume the last entries for the right arm is supposed to be for the left arm.
Otherwise, you have 4 of the lasers in that arm.

Other then that, it looks to be a solid machine.
The fluff about the flamer is funny.

The range of the weapons makes the extra speed semi questionable. Though I can imagine if you stuck with the 3/5 the extra weight might have issues with the lack of crits.
And with that, does this use hand acutators? Or where they removed to get some additional crits?
AmaroqStarwind
05/24/18 11:35 PM

Didn't you already post this?
Also, Endo Steel rounds up to the next Half-Ton, not the next Quarter-Ton. Your skeleton must go up to 5 tons, unfortunately.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
05/25/18 06:38 PM

Quote:
Didn't you already post this?
Also, Endo Steel rounds up to the next Half-Ton, not the next Quarter-Ton. Your skeleton must go up to 5 tons, unfortunately.

I use fractional accounting rules.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
05/25/18 06:47 PM

Quote:
I will assume the last entries for the right arm is supposed to be for the left arm.
Otherwise, you have 4 of the lasers in that arm.

Other then that, it looks to be a solid machine.
The fluff about the flamer is funny.

The range of the weapons makes the extra speed semi questionable. Though I can imagine if you stuck with the 3/5 the extra weight might have issues with the lack of crits.
And with that, does this use hand acutators? Or where they removed to get some additional crits?

Oops! Yes that should be the left arm.

Somehow I did make an error on the crits. A mech has 47 open slots and I need 48 slots. I guess a hand actuator would have to be removed.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 153 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3200

Contact Admins Sarna.net