MechLaborers (and company)?

Pages: 1
AmaroqStarwind
06/01/18 04:20 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It is well known and canonically established that BattleMech pilots are called MechWarriors, but as far as I know, WorkMech Pilots have no special name in canon.

Does anyone else feel that they should start being referred to as MechLaborers? If not, then what are your own suggestions?

On a semi-related note, are there ant other subgroups of people in the BattleTech universe that you feel need some more attention?
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
ghostrider
06/01/18 11:37 AM

Their canon names are employed.

Not sure how many don't want to be known, as being a work mech jockey might bring out about their failure to be mech warriors, though some might like the adulation as they are driving mechs, and want all to know it.

They may just be referred to as heavy equipment operators.
Could use the generic names for their profession, such as a lumber mech pilot being a plain lumberjack, miner driving a mining mech sort of thing.
AmaroqStarwind
06/01/18 11:57 AM

A MechWarrior who retires from the battlefield for whatever reason could always become a MechLaborer. It might even become a coveted position in the Rasalhague Dominion (I hope I spelled that right) for "retired" warriors, since Ghost Bear might be the only Clan where proper retirement is even a concept.

And of course, Clan Sea Fox would probably get a kick out of selling to customers who need equipment for a growing civilian/industrial workforce.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 67 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2543

Contact Admins Sarna.net