Machine Gun RA 0
Medium Laser CT 3
Small Laser RT 1
Small Laser LT 1
Machine Gun RA 0

Ammo Loc Shots
-----------------------------------
Half Machine Gun Ammo RT 100

Many examples of this 'Mech were created back during the time of the first Star League, and due to its robust construction and simple tech, it is notable for having survived the Succession Wars relatively well, in no small part due to its lack of advanced technologies and its adopted role as a second-line 'Mech. It was initially designed by a relatively small company--Platypus 'Mech Works--in the early days of the Star League as a scout and training 'Mech with (marginally) better firepower than its rivals (the Wasp, Stinger, and Locust--though it never did manage to supplant any of the three as the premier scout 'Mech of the Inner Sphere). As technology advanced, the Defender -3N found itself frequently assigned to second-line defense, riot control, and security duties. It proved apt for both, and proved popular with its MechWarriors in such roles due to its relatively sturdy armor and the fact that it was decently maneuverable even outside of urban environments, unlike 'Mechs such as the later UrbanMech series.
It mounted three jump jets--just enough to hop over low obstacles or buildings, or get the drop on enemy vehicles. A 120-rated engine and standard gyro allowed it to utilize spare parts from common light 'Mechs such as the Wasp or Stinger, or (more frequently) to be cannibalized for spare parts itself in a pinch.
After the Amaris coup and subsequent Exodus, a good number of Defenders were left behind, some examples surviving the rampant destruction of the Succession Wars to be used to this day on many worlds. However, a good portion of these were either annihilated after being pressed into service on the main battle line out of desperation, or simply dismantled for parts to repair more capable BattleMechs.
The successors of the bankrupt Platypus 'Mech Works--a company calling itself Damage, Inc.--have recently contracted with several other manufacturers to put upgraded versions of the Defender back into production for sale to planetary militias and the like. Military and industrial analysts alike like what they see, and several notable sources have stated that Damage, Inc.'s future prospects look "promising."

Defender DEF-3N2
Base Tech Level: Standard (IS)
Level Era
-------------------
Experimental -
Advanced -
Standard 3055+
Tech Rating: E/E-F-D-D

Weight: 20 tons
BV: 456
Cost: 1,518,240 C-bills

Movement: 6/9
Engine: 120
Heat Sinks: 10
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 33
Armor: 64/69
Internal Armor
----------------------------------------
Head 3 9
Center Torso 6 9
Center Torso (rear) 2
Right Torso 5 8
Right Torso (rear) 2
Left Torso 5 8
Left Torso (rear) 2
Right Arm 3 5
Left Arm 3 5
Right Leg 4 7
Left Leg 4 7

Weapons Loc Heat
------------------------------
Small Pulse Laser RT 2
Small Pulse Laser LT 2
Small Pulse Laser RA 2
Small Pulse Laser RA 2
Medium Laser CT 3

The first of the upgraded Defenders is designated DEF-3N2. While it loses out on the jump jets of the original, and runs a bit hotter, it has the advantages of being ammo-independent, as well as the majority of its weapons having inherently better accuracy than those of its predecessor, making it more user-friendly while also reducing potential collateral damage. While incorporating an Endo-Steel structure was tempting, designers settled for a standard internal structure to make the 'Mech more accessible to regions that lacked the facilities for producing such components.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
06/06/18 03:47 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It is good match for the job of riot control. As for use against mechs and tanks it has something to desire. The weapons are to short ranged. It would do better with three medium lasers.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
06/06/18 03:50 PM

It's no worse then the venerable Locust of old...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Akalabeth
06/06/18 09:12 PM

Was expecting an alternative rifleman
AmaroqStarwind
06/06/18 10:22 PM

Sweet stuff. I'm surprised there isn't also a Clan version yet.

Due to being a mech well suited for training, and being particularly simple to keep running, I'd give it the Easy to Pilot and Easy to Maintain quirks.

Quote:

Robotech, much?
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
CarcerKango
06/07/18 12:36 PM

Quote:
Sweet stuff. I'm surprised there isn't also a Clan version yet.

Due to being a mech well suited for training, and being particularly simple to keep running, I'd give it the Easy to Pilot and Easy to Maintain quirks.

I'll do a Clan-tech version next. And I agree as far as the quirks go.
Akalabeth
06/10/18 01:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Robotech, much?

Much. Robotech or Macross, either poison, though preferably macross since its a little more coherent.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3759

Contact Admins Sarna.net