Rear 2 8

Equipment Loc
Trailer Hitch FR
Trailer Hitch RR

Quirks:
Ubiquitous

Variants:
All-Terrain
Like the High-Performance Tractor, but Tracked instead of wheeled and with -1 MP. More expensive.

Armor
Several high-performance tractor variants are field-refits with better armor plating, like Heavy Ferro-Fibrous, Reactive armor or even Ferro-Lamellor armor.

Primitive
Like H-P Tractor, but with a 180 ICE, 10 MP, and an extra half-ton of armor. Costs about 130,000 C-Bills.

Intermediate
Like the Primitive Tractor, but with a 13 MP and a 240 Fuel Cell Engine. Costs about 300,000 C-Bills.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The generically named High-Performance Tractor, nicknamed the "Dragon Wagon" by its operators, is a rather expensive but one of the fastest methods of towing trailers and is viewed as a luxurious option for trailer hauling.

Based upon a prototype version of the Vlar 300 XLE that would later become an extremely typical, common and famous engine in the Inner Sphere, the Dragon Wagon's engine and shielding equipment takes up nearly 75% of the vehicle's weight. The expensive engine is the source of most of the vehicle's cost, which ends up about as much as a larger IS fusion light 'mech (though still much cheaper than mediums, heavies, and assaults that share its Vlar 300 XLE).

Around a century after its introduction, the destruction of the succession wars rendered the vehicle extinct, with the ones remaining usually salvaged for using on 'Mechs. The production lines switched to using less powerful 180 ICE engines with much lower power outputs, although they were far cheaper and easier to produce and thus saw a high number of Dragon Wagon sales, particularly for garrison forces to move around all sorts of trailers.

The vehicle in its original configuration was later re-introduced in its original form after the 4th succession war, and after the clan invasion it saw another resurgence of popularity with the introduction of omni-trailers created especially for the High-Performance Tractor, including tracked 30 ton, 40 ton, 80 ton, and 200 ton varieties, as well as wheeled 20 ton, 60 ton, and 140 ton versions.

Edited by Retry (06/16/18 08:32 PM)
Karagin
06/16/18 12:38 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So is this your version of the M25 Tank Transporter or the more modern HET?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
06/16/18 12:47 AM

Why 2 trailer hitches, with one being in the front right?
What does that do? Or is that a typo?

Is there some reason you went with the large engine? Tractors are not normally ones to outpace cars.
Though I could see being weighed down, would slow it considerably.
And though I hate quirks, an oversized transmission would be a good thing. Get power for pulling without straining the engine, though lowers speed. Think Engineering vehicle.
Retry
06/16/18 02:07 AM

Quote:
Why 2 trailer hitches, with one being in the front right?
What does that do? Or is that a typo?

Is there some reason you went with the large engine? Tractors are not normally ones to outpace cars.
Though I could see being weighed down, would slow it considerably.
And though I hate quirks, an oversized transmission would be a good thing. Get power for pulling without straining the engine, though lowers speed. Think Engineering vehicle.

Convenience, mostly. Gives the choice if you want to push something or pull something. It may be able to do both at the same time, but I'm not sure about that.

I was looking through TechManual, it had a quip about tractor-trailer interactions somewhere in it. From what I understood from the example, if you want to carry around a trailer fast, you need a tractor that is 1.Lightweight, and 2.Powerful, hence the use of the common Vlar 300XL that's seen on several Battlemechs and Combat Vehicles.

But yes, carrying around a big trailer is going to slow this 20 tonner substantially. If it's an 80 ton tracked trailer, the tractor's going to be moving at only 3/5. It's better than what a bigger vehicle would manage though, by my calculations a 25 ton tracked tractor with a 300 XLE would have to round down to 2/3 if it were tugging an 80 ton tracked trailer.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2887

Contact Admins Sarna.net