Alternative games that do not involve a war footing

Pages: 1
Requiem
07/06/18 07:17 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A request has been made via your broker for a company level Mech unit…

Employer: Greenpeace (Circa 3025)

Remuneration: Excellent

Job: Wildlife Preservation / Conservation and Media Relations

Your unit is to travel to “…….” Where you will be established within the “……..” enclosure and within the “ ……… “ National Forrest.

Once on site your duties will include capturing these animals for off world zoos / deterring big game hunters / medical poachers

Secondary duty – your unit is to assist a media crew in preparing a nature documentary on the local wildlife.

Also you will be provided with a local “controller” to ensure your work is within guidelines at all times ….

….

By now you would be thinking BattleMechs to protect animals???? Until you do a quick search on the planet and find the local wildlife to be dinosaurs ….

And the hunters use ‘Mechs to hunt them in

Has Anyone else have any other ideas for mercenary contracts like this?
Get thee to Coventry … Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious by this daughter of Tharkad … Our army shall march through. Well to New Avalon tonight.
ghostrider
07/07/18 12:36 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Security for explorers. Scouting worlds for dangers. Even find and extract survivors that went to ground and can't answer back on the coms.
Wow. Use the mechwarrior role playing games to the fullest?
Have adventures outside of the combat units?
Actually laugh at those that put everything into mech gunnery and piloting, and watch them not even be able to hold a rifle correctly.
Can't get into a vault to retrieve information or even a device, as no one has the skills to do so.
Cant get the mechs into the area to dig it out. Hmmm. Explosives would bury it completely.
I have played the first three additions of mechwarrior, and we did things like this.
I gave up on new books when third edition said on the first page, fourth addition was coming out soon. That finally shown the money grab, as they should not have even released third edition. It should have remained just a thought.

Yes. I played those missions. Which is why those that claim to play the role playing game, yet don't have any other skills them their mechs makes me want to curse them out. Much like D&D. You have a mage, yet want to be in the middle of a melee combat at 1st level. Die, and reroll another character. Well that night is shot.
Oh. Now a fighter that wants to use spells? Not multiclassed or even dual classed. But claims they can read magic scrolls meant for just a wizard, or cleric.
Why bother trying to play when you don't have other skills?
Stick with the board game.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 134 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2496

Contact Admins Sarna.net