RE: Cruise Missile Launcher, 125-ton Super-Heavy Combat Vehicle.

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
08/12/18 09:56 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Cruise Missile Launcher

Mass: 125 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Motive Type: Wheeled
Rules Level: Advanced Tech
Era: Jihad
Production Year: 3080
Cost: 19,846,125 C-Bills
Battle Value: 803

Power Plant: 210 ExtraLight Fusion Engine
Cruise Speed: 21.6 km/h
Flanking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Armor: Standard
Armament:
1 Cruise Missile/50
Manufacturer: ???
Primary Factory: ???
Communications System: ???
Targeting and Tracking System: Basic Fire Control System

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 78 points 25.00
Engine: ExtraLight Fusion Engine 210 7.0
Cruise MP: 2
Flank MP: 3
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 10 0.00
Control Equipment: 6.50
Equipment: 83.50
Armor: Standard AV - 48 03.00

Armor
Factor
Front 8
Front Left/Right 8/8
Rear Left/Right 8/8
Rear 8

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Spaces Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Cruise Missile/50 RR 50 1 55.00
@Cruise Missile/50 Ammo (1) RR - 1 25.00

I cannibalized the Hetzer Heavy post for this template, because I still don't own HeavyMetal Pro for vehicles. This is a Cruise Missile Launcher. It's a 125-ton Inner Sphere Super-Heavy Vehicle with a single Cruise Missile/50 Launcher and 1-ton [one shot] of ammo for it. With a 50 hex range, I only gave it enough armor for a half ton per component. I just really wanted to find a way to quash a cruise missile on a vehicle without breaking the bank, and just under 20 million C-Bills is pretty good considering an XL Engine powered Super-Heavy. Don't know if the rules allow me to mount the Cruise Missile/50 on a ground vehicle, but hey I tried...

Any corrections welcome, I'm still new to vehicles.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
ghostrider
08/13/18 02:47 AM

the Cruise Missile 50 is the most likely to be carried by a combat vehicle or support unit.
That is from the wiki, so yes. You can mount them to vehicles.

Unless they changed it, you have front, right. rear, and left armor locations. Unless the front left/right and rear left/right are typos, you don't need the extra wording.
Another possible typo is the location of the launcher. Unless you fire it while running, the rear is not normally the fire position. Front would be.

It looks like it would work, though not sure if it would be in demand. Other then say hitting a landing zone of the enemy and running. Turrets and buildings would be more likely, but then only because of the reloads could be done.
Retry
08/13/18 01:01 PM

There's a canon Cruise Missile -50 towing vehicle called the Kalki Cruise Missile Launcher, based on the SturmFeur heavy tank. It looks very similar to this platform.
happyguy49
08/15/18 05:10 AM

Like ghost said, something as massive as even the lightest Cruise Missile system would be way more useful in an installation, either a fortress design or more likely a classic missile silo setup. (mostly because of the weight of each reload.) Likely set up within useful range of a city or base, but hidden, and on the outskirts (as it WILL draw fire once it starts launching.) Of course, like present day, they are super useful mounted on wet naval vessels or heavy bombers. The weight rules for them may or may not let you put them on a support-sized conventional aircraft though.

On a wet world, a large submersible armed with a battery of these could tie an invader in knots for awhile, more so if it can resupply at an underwater base. Expensive though. A submarine that is basically a tube-artillery carrier, but small enough to operate in lakes and large rivers, would be my personal ideal insurgent/counter-invasion unit (cheap ammo, and much longer range than Arrow IV).
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 141 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2886

Contact Admins Sarna.net