CGL TM Gladiator Design Example question

Pages: 1
tmr01750195
11/26/18 01:49 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Morning to the forum for WA,

I am reviewing the design examples in CGL TM starting with BattleMech Construction. I was able to follow through with the Mongoose example without any problems. I did great with the Gladiator until Step 5: Add Weapons, Ammunition, and Other Equipment. On p. 58 the first and second paragraphs worked great and then things fell apart in the third paragraph detailing the remaining open spaces/slots after adding the weapons and ammunition.

I have checked my work six times and looked on bg.battletech.com for help in figuring what I appear to be overlooking without success.

Here is a, I hope clear, summary of the TM third paragraph text on p. 58 versus my results:

a. Left Arm = 2 spaces with the removal of the lower arm & hand actuators for the Gauss Rifle versus my result of Left Arm = 3 spaces with the removal of the lower arm & hand actuators for the Gauss Rifle

b. Right Arm = 4 spaces versus my result of Right Arm 5 open slots

c. Left Torso = 5 spaces versus my result of Left Torso 4 open slots

d. Right Torso = 4 spaces versus my result of Right Torso 3 open slots

Can anyone please let me know what I appear to be missing.
tmr01750195
11/26/18 05:27 PM

Hello again,

Oops, I forgot to include information that might help someone retrace my steps.

GCL TM p. 58

1. The base model has 26. 5 tons available for weapons and equipment with seven open slots in each arm and six slots in each torso.

2. Weapons and ammunition:

a. A Clan Gauss Rifle requiring six slots is installed into the Left Arm "...(necessitating the removal of the lower arm and hand actuator)..."

Left Arm 7 slots - Clan Gauss rifle 6 slots = 1 slot + 1 slot for the removed lower actuator + 1 slot for the removed hand actuator = 3 slots

b. Two tons of Gauss Rifle ammunition is stored taking up two slots in the Left Torso.

Left Torso 6 slots - 2 ammunition bin slots = 4 slots

c. Two Clan ER Lager Lasers are installed in the Right Arm taking up two slots.

Right Arm 7 slots - 2 ER Large Laser slots = 5 slots

d. Two Clan machine guns and 1 ton of ammunition are installed in the Right Torso taking up 3 slots.

Right Torso 6 slots - 2 machine gun slots - 1 ammunition bin slot = 3 slots

Hopefully this helps with an answer.

Tom Rux
CrayModerator
11/26/18 06:25 PM

Quote:
a. Left Arm = 2 spaces with the removal of the lower arm & hand actuators for the Gauss Rifle versus my result of Left Arm = 3 spaces with the removal of the lower arm & hand actuators for the Gauss Rifle

I think you're on to something. The left arm starts with 8 crits, drops to 7 when the ferro-fibrous is applied, grows to 9 when the hand and lower arm actuators are removed. Add a Clan GR and you're down to 3 crits, not 2.

I'll nudge folks, though they're currently very busy with StratOps errata.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CrayModerator
11/26/18 06:41 PM

Question answered:
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=63580.0
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
tmr01750195
11/27/18 02:32 AM

Hello Cray,

Thank you for reviewing my work and agreeing that I was not making an error with the math. Another thank you for linking me to the bg.battletech.com forum letting me know my query over there had been answered. I have posted material on bg.battletech.com that took sometime to get a reply. Also I believe I did opt to be notified of updates to the forum.

Tom Rux
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2665

Contact Admins Sarna.net