[Giorgioverse] Clans 3025 Era

Pages: 1
Giorgio76
01/13/19 08:31 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
As a future GM for an under development Mechwarrior/A Time of War RPG campaign (which I will call “Giorgioverse” as a placeholder for my BattleTech, MechWarrior RPG, Alpha Strike, F2F, Hero Labs/Realms Work, Obsidian Portal, and Roll20 work in progress), below are open questions I am asking myself (and others) to generate ideas.

Thanks in advance for any Feedback.

- If following the conclusion of the Battle of Misery in April 3028, Wolf’s Dragoon had return to Clan space after completing their original mission of gathering intel on all five of the IS Great Houses, I have some questions about the Clans of that 3025 era:

A) Assuming the Crusaders won the vote to launch an immediate invasion, would their invasion plan mostly like resemble the invasion plan used in 3049, or need to be altered significantly to account for an earlier invasion schedule (say 3030)?

B) Is there any political, military, or technological difference in the Clans of 3028-3030 vs. the Clans of 3049?

C) I am just starting to learn about the Clans and there is a lot to read, but is there any sourcebook or online reference that covers the Clans political, military, industrial, technological, economic, and social status of the Clans in the 3025 era?
ghostrider
01/13/19 09:39 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
To my knowledge, the Dragoons never returned to Clanspace for their second supply run. They had left a cache near the IS, as some of the equipment sent, was not in service in the IS when they first arrived. Warships being one of them, but some of the advanced tech being another.

Now if they had returned to clan space, which is unlikely as their last report was in 3019 if I recall right, things would have been dramatically different.
The Crusaders won the vote to launch because of the Comstar explorer ship came into clan space, and the Jaguars used that to turn the vote to invade. The Wardens had the council still watching to see what would become of the merger of FC, as well as the 4th war. 3039 was another wait and see.
If they had started in 3025, their plans would have been dramatically different, as the FRR would still be part of the DC, and the FC would still be split into the FS/LC. Also, the tech level would not be as close as it was in 3049, as most tech advances came out after 3032 it I remember right. Some of it, just before the war of 3039.

As for the difference in 3028vs 3049, I don't think any tech for the clans was different, but the attitude of the IS was. Their vision of walking over the IS militaries would have been closer to reality then 3049 was. No League tech for the house states, and Comstar would not have had the Comguards deployed in 3028.

As for source books for 3025 era for the clans, the only ones my poor knowledge has is normal source books talking about some history. There may be something that deals with it, but I don't know of it.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2147

Contact Admins Sarna.net