Pegasus Scout Hover Tank Mis-labeled Equipment

Pages: 1
Porshadoxus
03/12/19 01:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've been playing BT since 1987, mostly the 3025-3065 era. I've perused the Tech Readouts uncountable times, so I'm surprised that I missed this for so long.

I've recently been using some vehicles for scenarios, and I came across what I think are mis-labeled equipment in the vehicle descriptions.
Reference TR 3026 pp 30-31
Reference TR 3039 pp 44-45

For both of these references, the Communications System is listed as the Exeter LongScan w/ ReconLock, while the Targeting and Tracking System is listed as the Salamander Systems CommPhase Unit. Shouldn't they be reversed?
Seems to me that a system with Scan and Lock labels should be for shooting, while a system with a Comm label should be for Communication.

Thoughts?
You, you and you- panic. Everyone else follow me.
ghostrider
03/12/19 02:36 PM

Thought comes to mind the recon lock means the system actively tracks is as best it can, while others might ignore targets after they move out of a certain range. Not a good possibility, but the developers did some odd things way back when.
But the commphase does sound like it should be a coms unit.
CrayModerator
03/13/19 05:56 AM

A general TRO question like that can probably get an official answer here:
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?board=41.0
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 175 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2062

Contact Admins Sarna.net