Returning to the fond memories

Pages: 1
studderingdave
04/14/19 02:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Battletech was my first tabletop game experience. I remember I had a small gaming store in my hometown that played it and I discovered it by accident. I saved 4 weeks of mowing lawns to buy Citytech and lovingly painted the mechs and played it for some time. Warhammer, MtG, DnD and life tucked Btech into my subconscious for many years. I picked it up again for a short spell around 2012-2013, finding 2-3 locals who played but it was short lived. Now I have a good job and plenty of time, and some locals have expressed interest in the game. I have all the readouts, record sheets, new intro box and hardback copy of the rulebook.

I want to amass some mechs. I am looking for 1-2 mechs that carry TAG, and 1-2 mechs that carry Arrow IV. The arrow system is something i recall from my childhood and I always enjoyed it. I know it is normally found on tanks, and the catapult version onyl has a few shots, so I leave it to those who know more than me.

I plan to start a slow grow league like I do with other games, I work closely with an LGS and they are lending a great deal of support.

So if anyone could help me out finding those TAGGERS and ARROW carriers I would appreciate it.

Thank you
Requiem
04/14/19 02:28 AM

Additional information required .... First, the era that your game is set within .... Second, do you have a House Affiliated / Mercenary Unit ... Third, your preference as to 'Mech (light, Medium, Heavy, Assault) .... and, are you going to continue with the canon history or are you going to establish your own Alt. Universe?
Get thee to Coventry … Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious by this daughter of Tharkad … Our army shall march through. Well to New Avalon tonight.

Edited by Requiem (04/14/19 02:31 AM)
studderingdave
04/14/19 02:37 AM

We have no hard cap on era for starting. Most of the people interested have Mechs they are drawn to, and I don't want to tell them they can't use them. I personally have no House/Merc preference. In the past I gravitated towards striking color schemes as I am a decent model painter. I generally like my TAG mechs to be light, but a full list of availability would be great.

Once we hammer a few games we will prolly just make our own storyline.

Edited by studderingdave (04/14/19 02:38 AM)
Requiem
04/14/19 03:03 AM

Then for the TAG - suggest the following
The Raven would be a good consideration – additional electronics could make it a favourite.
From 3060 - the updated omni Men Shen (Config A)
From 3060 – Beowulf – Jump capable – MASC – Lg Pulse

As for the Arrov IV
3058 – O-Bakemono – good solid ‘Mech

Sorry can’t think of another Arrow IV within this time frame. Run two of them?
Get thee to Coventry … Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious by this daughter of Tharkad … Our army shall march through. Well to New Avalon tonight.
Karagin
04/14/19 09:26 AM

Requiem, the majority of BT players don't play in an era, they a play a scenario that has two sides fighting it out. Normally with what ever they are given or what they are allowed to bring. So in the case that studeringdave he is asking we help him design his force.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
04/14/19 04:28 PM

Another question that needs to be answered. Clan or IS?
The clan Naga is an arrow carrier.
If you don't mind vehicles, there are some that carrier the arrow and tag.
Home made mechs can be done to do the same...

The catapult was upgraded to carry an arrow launcher.
Karagin
04/14/19 06:18 PM

Now the Hitman is a good spotter mech, and have it teamed with a Raven and you have a very nice duo of spotters for a larger force.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
studderingdave
04/17/19 08:33 AM

playing inner sphere with a 5000 BV cap.

my initial group will be:

Hitman
Beowulf
O-Bakemono
Warhammer
Catapult K2
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 241 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2756

Contact Admins Sarna.net