Tactical operations double blind rules

Pages: 1
clinton
04/30/19 01:16 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've got two questions about Tactical Operations double blind rules:

1. Lets say there's a 5 hex limit on LOS due to heavy fog. Can a mech 10 hexes away from an opposing mech fire on it if there's a friendly mech within 3 hexes of that opposing mech?
2. Can mechs be "unspotted", i.e. if a mech is detected either visually or by sensors, is there any way it can be "undetected", for example my moving out of LOS or out of range of sensors+LOS?
ghostrider
05/04/19 05:05 PM

Since no one has answered this yet, I will give it a shot.
Question 1. Some instances, it is very possible. C3 network would definitely allow it, as it takes the targeting data from the closest unit to the enemy.
IDF may be possible as well. Since it uses a spotter to target a unit in normal clear skies, but firing over trees. Granted, this is limited to LRM fire.
Now this is not saying house rules aren't made to deal with it. The two examples is expanding on the game rules.

Question 2. The double blind rules in at least the older books deals with this. Not sure if they changed it in the newer ones, but it if you don't see it, and no sensor contact, it would be logical that it is 'unspotted'. I will assume that no units on the side looking for it are able to see it.
There is one possible twist on this. NARC systems. Though this could be said it is sensor spotted.

Some advice. If you do use the double blind rules, it is best to have a neutral person run as the 'game master'. This will avoid issues of someone saying they can see you or not.
Carns
05/06/19 02:17 PM

Question 1. As I understand it, is that it is supposed to be decided before the game begins if teams share vision.

Question 2. Yes, mechs that move out of range and are not visible by some other means are considered unspotted.

I have never seen double blind run on anything but megamek, and only heard about it being done at one convention. Megamek has the rules built in.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2111

Contact Admins Sarna.net