Jeff Bezos Unveils Union Class Dropship to the Moon!!!

Pages: 1
jspectre
05/10/19 09:11 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Did you see the Blue Moon lunar lander reveal? It looks like a union class dropship!!!!
FrabbyModerator
05/10/19 02:56 PM

I've always argued that the Union itself was obviously inspired by (read: a carbon copy of) the moon lander DropShip from the movie 2001 - A Space Odyssey. Seems like the overall design has some merit...
MaryG213
09/20/19 03:05 AM

Yeah! It really does.
ghostrider
09/22/19 01:03 PM

Well an aerodyne doesn't have any real useful purpose in a vacuum, except familiarity for people.
I would think the spheroid is more structurally stable as well as able to store more things in the area then a plane looking craft.
Granted, a few little stub wings might be a good thing to put on items that need a full 360 view, such as a coms device.
Some would say the spinning of the ship would do that, but does that mean turning the whole body to contact things behind then in front of your direction of travel? Not really a good idea.

But then again, it does seem like game designers seem to get a lot right when coming up with designs for the real world. Maybe because the people in charge aren't out to make a fortune by screwing up prototypes a few times.
Karagin
09/23/19 12:28 AM

Go look at TRAVELLER it has very similar ships and it's been around since the late 70s...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
09/23/19 02:12 AM

Seen Traveller, but never got to play it.
We were busy with D&D, then Battletech. We did a little with paranoia and touched on gamma world.
Wished I had the funds back then to get to play a lot of different games, but had to deal with other peoples books to do anything.

Might need to look the game up though.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4986

Contact Admins Sarna.net