Is the CCG any good?

Pages: 1
Eclipz
11/04/01 11:48 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Been playing BT for a few years but have never tried the CCG......I see it on Ebay and other places and have thought of picking it up. Worth getting?

Bearer
11/04/01 12:34 PM

Trust me, it's really worth getting! I presume you have someone willing to try it out with you? If so I recommend you get two starter decks just to try out the game first and get a feel for the game. I imagine you should really enjoy it. Personally I get a kick from constructing various units and sending them out to do your bidding! There's a buzz as well by using the characters from the books like Judith Faber & other folks. Best of luck with it, let us know how you get on.

Of course there's also an on-line version of the game but it might be too difficult tryinbg to learn directly via that medium.

Regards,
Bearer

"Respect my atoratay!"
"Respect my atoratay!"
ChampionofSolaris
11/04/01 04:42 PM

Hail!

this game is my favorite CCG of all time (and i have played MANY). It is based on the MtG engine with "resources" instead of mana and constructing mecha rather than casting spells.
It plays alot like a custimizable chess game where you build your army, make feints and always leave yourself guarded in the rear.
We play on line via apprentice and if you are interested perhaps you should play it some before you spend $$ on it?
Send me a line at:
championofsolaris@hotmail.com
or MSN me at the same
my Icq# is 99818732

look me up and I iwll give you the walkthrough an low down of how the game is played.
get it from the files section of THIS site:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BattleTech-CCG
cheers,
CoS

"An empty AC/20 is little better than a Club"
Eclipz
11/04/01 08:34 PM

If my group wanted to pick some cards do you have any advice where I could buy on-line? Ebay? And besides some starters what else is good? They did make some expansions didn't they?

Bob_Richter
11/04/01 09:45 PM

Yes, take it from a convert.

The best thing since....Battletech.

-Bob Richter
A dead primate is nobody's ancestor.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
McKennsy
11/06/01 03:43 PM

E-Bay usually has some cards available and yes they did make a few expansions.

Try getting your hands on some "Commanders Edition" starter decks and if you like the game I'm sure some people around here will we willing to send you some extra cards, I will if it helps you get into the game.

We're always looking for new suckers, er...um...I mean recruits. :)

Cheers,

Mc Kennsy.

ChampionofSolaris
11/07/01 10:21 PM

I have 1000s of cards for trade an sale. many sealed boxes of expansions as well as CE starters. send me an e-mail i will give you details.

cheers,
CoS

championofsolaris@hotmail.com

Eclipz
11/08/01 07:12 PM

what is your e-mail address?

:)

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3738

Contact Admins Sarna.net