Another great game dies.

Pages: 1
Bob_Richter
11/07/01 02:05 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
http://www.ea.com/worlds/games/pl_battle00/mainpage.jsp

*sob*

I'd suggest that we put together a petition or create a company to buy it or something.

*sob*

But I'm pretty sure it won't work.

*sob*

So. Yeah. Anyway. This is why I'm going to be really pissed off for the next six months.

*goes into a rage, smashing things and people for several minutes, then collapses to the floor and dissolves into pitiful sobbing*

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements facts or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
LordChaos
11/07/01 11:17 AM

You won't be the only one in a bad mood.

Unless I can win the lottery and convince EA to sell it to me....

Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
NathanKell
11/07/01 02:30 PM

December 6th! Great! On the message board they said November 7th (today!) So we still have month, at least.

Probably the drain on resources is the strategic map, etc. If you take that out, and leave just the client-to-client lance-on-lance battles then you might not need to use a central (i.e. EA) server.
Not that they'd release the code, of course.

-NathanKell
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
GiovanniBlasini
11/20/01 09:50 PM

So, what exactly happened?

They lose out on funding?

Brigadier General Giovanni Blasini
CO: 201st Terran Light Brigade, SLDF
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Black_Phoenix
11/21/01 07:25 AM

From what I read at the site, this was only an experamental version. They put it onto the net so that people other regular Beta Testers could play it and give suggestions. My guess would be that there were a few problems that were brought up, eventually leading to its demise (I don't know for sure).

*There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of Diplomacy, Compromise, and High Explosives or Tactical Nuclear Strikes.*
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

LordChaos
11/21/01 05:19 PM

Can I quote you on that?

NathanKell
12/02/01 01:23 PM

http://www.ea.com/worlds/games/pl_battle00/gameinfo/quickstart.jsp

It's MPBT 3025, a beta which was released by Kesmai through EA in June as the successor to MPBT Solaris. It has jaw-dropping graphics and great balance--a wonderful change from certain *cough*MW4*cough* other BT games...
Goes offline Dec. 6th, though :(
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
12/02/01 02:24 PM

You've still got a week left, and it's free, so you might as well join up...
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
12/06/01 09:20 PM

*sniff*
Goodbyes are hard...
Thomas Jefferson
Bob_Richter
12/07/01 12:18 AM

I actually hear a rumour like it's coming back in February.

*Fingers crossed*

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
LordChaos
12/08/01 12:52 AM

Let's hope so.

If not, or until it does come back somewhere, it was a pleasure to drop with and/or against you. I know I faced NathanKell a few times (sometimes successfully, others not so), would be a shame if I couldn't kick him again. ;)

LordChaos AKA RojanKistar, House Marik, FWLM.
Bob_Richter
12/08/01 11:29 PM

I killed you once or twice...as always, a great pleasure. (killing Mariks, that is.)

Jager, Leutnant, LCAF

LordChaos
12/09/01 03:52 PM

Ah, so that was you. If I had know that, I would have taken a smaller mech. :)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4206

Contact Admins Sarna.net