Ruling Needed

Pages: 1
KitK
11/25/01 05:03 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I ran into a bit of an argument regarding how the CATAPULT CPLT-C3 and NAGA PRIME are utilized in the game. The main disagreement stems from interpretation of the directions for these Mech's special ability. Some instruction on how most players use these mech's special abilities, particularly during a mission in the attack phase, would be greatly appreciated.
BrainBug
11/29/01 06:36 AM

> Unit, Pilot, and Enhancement abilities that say “Play only during battle”
can only be played if the relevant Unit is involved in the battle. For
example, you can’t use the ability of Phelan Ward (MechWarrior®) unless
its ’Mech is involved in the battle. Cards such as Mobile Long Tom
(Counterstrike) and Catapult CPLT-C3 (CE)/Naga have abilities that may be
used while they aren’t in battle, but the Unit or target chosen must be in a
battle or mission.
> You may play an ability that doesn’t specify a time to be played:
a) Any time during your own turn except during a mission.
b) During a mission (on any player’s turn) during your initiative.
KitK
11/29/01 09:39 AM

Thanks BrainBug. I appreciate someone taking the time to resond to my question.

I would like to fire off a few follow up questions for you and anyone else who would like to respond.

My assumption is that these mechs' special tap ability is played like a mission card and and is, therefore, played at the same time mission cards are played, ie. after inititive is determined. As such, is it required that a player have at least +1 initiative to tap the ability, as is the case with mission cards? (I believe the rules stated that you had to have 1 point of initiative for each mission card played.)

Could the ability be tapped if the mech was involved in a mission? Example: I tap a Naga Prime to attack the Stockpile and am blocked. Can I send 2 points of damage to the Stockpile? And if so, is that 2 extra points or 2 points of my base damage used in the same way a blocked Awesome can deal 1 point to the target?

Is there a revised set of rules out there on the web somewhere?

Thanks
BrainBug
11/30/01 12:59 PM

Hi!
>About the rules, you can find them here (Sarna) in BTCCG section.
>You may TAP Naga even if you don't have initiative at all (0),
You can't attack with Naga (or any other unit that has the abbility to be tapped) and tap it to deal damage (using the tap abillity), you may only attack or tap it during the turn. You may even tap those unit's while they are in construction region ACTIVATED (That means that it is fully constructed) and at the end of you're turn move it to your construction region TAPPED (because it had used it's abbility and is now tapped)
>Awsome and Naga are different. Awsome has so called - LONG RANGE. Naga is a different case -> To deal damage to the unit or the target means that if YOU are attacking for example, an enemy's stockpile with some unit you may tap Naga to deal it's 2 damage to the stockpile or to the blocking mech's without including the Naga in battle. You may also tap Naga when being attacked. For example you attacked by the Awsome. You can block him with Naga, for example, (if Naga is untapped) so if you blocked with Naga - you can't use it's tap abbility. OR you may block Awsome with any other units without including Naga in battle.
and than tap Naga(if untapped) to use her abbility to deal this additional 2 damage to the Awsome + the damage from the blocking Mech/'s.
Well that's it! If you have any questions - ask, there are a lot of people here that are redy to help!
Have fun!
KitK
12/03/01 10:58 AM

Thanks again. This has helped out a lot.
sillywiz
12/06/01 03:31 AM

You don't need initiative to tap the naga, as it is an ability not a mission card. Only mission cards need initiative, abilities are options that you can use, normally during missions, they are just 'there', unlike the mission card that needs the prerequesite of initiative.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could the ability be tapped if the mech was involved in a mission? Example: I tap a Naga Prime to attack the Stockpile and am blocked. Can I send 2 points of damage to the Stockpile? And if so, is that 2 extra points or 2 points of my base damage used in the same way a blocked Awesome can deal 1 point to the target?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will already have tapped the Naga to attack, so the rest of the question is really irrelevant.

However, u may tap the naga, during a mission where there is a battle and deal two damage to a unit.

E.g. Naga is medium and in the patrol regio, untapped. I attack your sp with a LIghtning, you block with a Calvary (both fast you cannot block), we each deal 2 damage to each other. (assuming low die rolls they both live) however during this mission you could tap, your untapped naga and deal 2 extra damage to my lighning, killing it.

Regards

Sillywiz
BrainBug
03/18/02 01:44 PM

This was not about attacking the Naga, but attacking a target (stockpile for example). :0
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4863

Contact Admins Sarna.net