Would heat seeking missiles...

Pages: 1
Karagin
12/12/01 01:36 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
be useful in AT2 or not?

Any ideas on how to use them without them forcing other changes?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
NathanKell
12/12/01 01:42 PM

This reminds me of why I hate FASA heat dissipation / HS bonus rules...
An HS missile should get a bonus to the TN per the amount of heat generated, not the target's current heat level. It makes no sense that a L1 ASF that overheats is more of an IR signature than a Clan ASF that fires four PPCs and doesn't overheat.
So anyway, say a -1 bonus per 10pts heat generated (round down).
This also balances thing back against the super-duper-I-can't-overheat Clan DHS beasts.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
12/12/01 01:44 PM

I like that. Simple and very easy to use.

Karagin

CrayModerator
12/12/01 01:45 PM

Oh, I LIKE that idea, Nathan.

Karagin, Heat seeking missile rules don't seem to demonstrate any special utility when fired against ASF (despite the hot exhaust) and only respond to the target's heat level. So, no, as written, I don't think they would.

House rules are obviously in order: -1 to-hit per 2 or 3 thrust points used by the target, for example.

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
12/12/01 01:47 PM

More or less what I am looking for is ideas folks use or have had on this subject, the given er...rules...are well FASA made so that should be enough to go on...
Karagin

NathanKell
12/12/01 01:54 PM

Also the fact that dozens of KPS of difference in velocity vector don't affect accuracy, but you still miss about 2/5 of the time between two ships of equal vv.
Plus the fact that you can't hit a stationary asteroid with a laser beyond 882 km :D
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3122

Contact Admins Sarna.net