Playable Vehicles in Games

Pages: 1
Korbel
12/15/01 10:14 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I don't remember if I posted this before...
But who here agrees with me that playable vehicles would be fun... Think of scooting around in a Savannah master through the legs of a Dire Wolf, Doing circles around mechs with shells streaming into the dirt around you... oooh that would be sweet... Or Firing from an LRM carrier or an Artillery unit, while your Mechs are engaging the enemy...
Nightward
12/15/01 05:44 PM

You get to pilot a hovercraft once n MW2: Mercenaries...

Other than that, if it aint an Alacorn, I aint interested...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Acolyte
12/16/01 11:56 PM

Ohhhh reminds me of the first MechWarrior game and playing a locust, running up behind battlemasters and blowing the legs off....

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Bob_Richter
12/17/01 09:13 AM

legs?

You have uberweapons like Machine Guns and you bother with blowing off LEGS?

:)
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
TRYCORP
12/31/01 11:14 AM

heh that hover was fun, i remember useing the jumps to do 180's and ram the firemoth hehehehee
"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
LordChaos
12/31/01 02:34 PM

That reminds me... must find a way to play the original MW on one of my systems...
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
ShadyCat
01/28/04 01:56 PM

I think that MW:5 should have a real life enviroment(i.e. you have to actually get in the mech, vehicle, battle armor, etc.).
Diablo
01/31/04 02:41 PM

oh? funful. then we could turn it into a FPS. jump into a mech, kill stuff. get out, jump into an elemental suit, kill stuff in a building, get stuff, get out, escape in VTOL with much airial combat. and then we'd have to make the AT/2 space shooter.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
Silenced_Sonix
02/13/04 01:16 PM

Well, you could use something like Operation Flashpoint if you wanted to turn Battletech into a FPS. In OFP you are a lowly grunt, but have the ability to get into vehicles, tanks, ships, helicopters, aircraft nad even submarines. It even has static weapon turrets, like mounted machineguns, grenade launchers or missile tubes. Each soldier has the ability to carry a primary weapon (e.g. an assault rifle, or a sniper rifle), a secondary weapon (usually an anti-tank RPG or larger OS SAM launcher), as well as the option to carry grenades, satchel charges, landmines and handguns for close combat. With the release of OFP2 by the end of the year, you should have the perfect platform.
Evolve or Die
Thor_Mech
02/20/04 12:02 AM

Vehicles? Those things are coffins on wheels. Remember how easily it is to take one out in Mechcommader 1, 2, and Mechwarrior 2, 3, 4, and 4 Merc?
"Even after all these years, walking through the ranks of 'Mechs still gives me the chills"
- Intelligence Secretary Justin Xiang Allard
Outreach, 21, Sept 3051
Shadowdancer
02/21/04 01:26 AM

I have Operation Flashpoint and hate it with a passion. It's too [censored] hard.
Jesus built my Mad Cat.
Lone_Wolf_Radick
07/06/04 12:43 PM

Yeah, but it's not exactly true to scope... there's no ammo in Mechcommander for instance... also, the difficulty, even on Elite in MW4, doesn't seem to transfer to the vehicles, who all seem to have weaker weapons and no armor... They focused (and partly rightly so) on Mechs alone, but to demean vehicles and aero units to the level of ineffectiveness is just absurd... and why can't you step on the civilians running around in the bases???
War Never Determines who is right, only who is left.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing-Darth Vader"
BigBoss
08/05/04 02:00 AM

Cuz the retards that designed MW4 are pricks, cheapskates and also ass holes. Damn microsoft.
Bringing Terror to the Comforts of Your Homes

~BB~
Lone_Wolf_Radick
08/05/04 08:11 PM

wow, don't hold anything back, tell us how you really feel... LOL... Yeah, that's part of it, I'm betting the rest revolves around the fact that they did very little research on the rich storyline that didn't involve Mech combat, and assumed it all irrelevant and inferior....
War Never Determines who is right, only who is left.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing-Darth Vader"
SoyBigHead
08/06/04 03:01 PM

wow... three years between posts... just... wow
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8059

Contact Admins Sarna.net