Congress

Pages: 1
Spartan
12/21/01 09:16 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Have any of ya'll heard that even though Congress can't agree on an economic stimulus package they can agree that they all deserve a 5000 dollars a year raise?!? Now they get 150,000 bucks a year.

Here's a little thought provoker. Since con is the opposite of pro, is not congress the opposite of progress?
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Bob_Richter
12/21/01 10:11 AM

"I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law
firm, and that three or more become a congress. "

-John Adams, as according to 1776

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Nightward
12/21/01 04:18 PM

Considering Aussie politicians get in excess of 400K per annum, plus they get a massive super payout (some get upwards of 2 mill) and then get a certain amount of cash (upwards od 50K per annum) even after that, why are you complaining? You support the parasites for their term in office. We support them until they die.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Spartan
12/23/01 03:07 PM

Why on earth do Australians tolerate such ridiculous payouts?

I was complaining because they can agree that they need a raise but they can't agree on how to get the economy going so that some people can even have jobs. In other words, they're not doing their jobs but they get a raise. I'd love a racket like that; if I don't do my job I get fired.
Spartan

Nightward
12/23/01 09:50 PM

I was in a hurry when I wrote that, so I'll continue now; the Super payout example I took was the extreme (multiple term-serving Prime Ministers), but I did not mention that we also pay for all f their utility bills, food, and travel expenses (including personal holidays) whilst they are in office.

We tolerate it because we have to. Politicians down here have us by the balls and know it. It aint fair, but it's politics.

The Greeks had the best politicians. Check out their Democratic Histories...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Spartan
12/23/01 10:52 PM

No accountablity? That seems to be the problem, at least from what I've heard from you. Here there is at least some. Not that I'm saying our system is necessarily better or worse. I personally think that we can improve the system by paying them in a manner similar to ancient (or not so ancient) Chinese doctors. If the patient didn't get better, or died, the doctor didn't get paid. Now we just have to modify that for the politician's
Spartan

Greyslayer
12/24/01 01:48 AM

I think in this day and age they should be paid according to the foreign debt balance and jobless rate for federal (country-wide politics) and for the state governements crime rate and road ratings as well as budgeting. A separate crime authority or similar should then conduct themselves as to see if the governement have performed to be worthy of their increase in pay ...

quality of living increase for their constituants = payrise for the politicians.

Another way would be having all potential and current politicians 'apply' to the people for their position in parliment. This would mean that the 'people' would offer them the position and salary package in such a way that it can only be changed through promotion, minimum wage increase (in which is raises at the same rate) or promotion to the ministry and so on.

Greyslayer ... have a good holiday all.
TRYCORP
12/24/01 07:38 AM

Don't worry! =)
When I rule the world I will make all of you on Sarna Ruler of one of my many districts! And everyone will live happilly ever after!
"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Spartan
12/25/01 04:53 PM

Cool! Can I have the Texas and Louisiana areas? Or maybe the entire Gulf Coast? (I just love that Gulf seafood)
Spartan

Deathshadow
12/26/01 05:00 AM

Goes back to what Adams said:

One inept man is a disgrace, two are a law firm, and any group of three or more is called a Congress.
Kept my cool under lock and key,
and I never shed a tear,
another sign of my condidtion.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4651

Contact Admins Sarna.net