SNP-2R Snapper

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
01/06/02 07:19 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This slightly absurd design came about when I decided to design a FASA-style "specialty" 'Mech. I don't expect anyone to take it seriously (it's a light with an AC/2 for Pete's sake!), but I think it has its own unique charm. Kinda the VW Beetle of 'Mechs :-)

Name: SNP-2R Snapper
Mass: 30 tons
Movement: 2,3,0
Armament:
2 LRM 5..........RA/LA
AC/2...............LT
Large Laser...CT
AC/2 Ammo (45)..H
LRM 5 Ammo (48)..RT

Heat Sinks are divided between LT/RT

Armor Factor (56)
Location Int. Armor
H 3 5
CT 10 9/2
LT/RT 7 7/2
LA/RA 5 5
LL/RL 7 6

The focus on long-range weaponry and the complete and utter lack of anything remotely resembling mobility give the Snapper a very specific place...at the edge of the battle, right between an Archer and a Rifleman :-) I'm not going to add any more fluff, since I'm not familiar enough with the details of the BTech universe to write anything worth reading ;-)

So...is this a total flop, or is it just kooky enough to be worth a try?????
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
01/06/02 08:28 PM

that would depend on the theatre of war...on a small (single-board) battlefield, most of the map is within range. Of course, for a defensive assignment, it has even less trouble, as long as there are other 'Mechs around to keep the riff-raff at a distance. Seriously...if you have a Warhammer or a Hunchback in your face, are you really going to worry about a piddly light support 'Mech on the sidelines? OTOH, no sane commander with any choice in the matter would deploy this beast on a large-field offensive mission. You might as well send an UrbanMech lol

Another point...this thing is CHEAP!!!! (1,518,140...only slightly more than a Locust)
--Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
01/07/02 10:29 PM

IT would be interesting to see how it preforms...you have given it a role in your write up and I can see that the AC/LRM combo is something not expected on a light mech....

Should provide quite a few suprises for the other side when they run into it.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
KamikazeJohnson
01/07/02 10:35 PM

And the speed this thing moves, or rather, doesn't move ;-), it isn't hard to run into hehe
--Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
01/07/02 10:43 PM

It not be the fastest thing around but it would still be a suprise to the enemy once they do see it...
Karagin

KamikazeJohnson
01/08/02 01:31 PM

>>Looks to me like the sort of thing Governments would buy and commanders wish they hadn't. <<

hehe that's kinda what I had in mind when I designed it...sort of combines the properties of the UrbanMech and the JagerMech...in other words, a true FASA-style design ;-)

I was actually quite surprised when it turned out this impressive...
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
11/25/02 12:44 AM

For some reason, this is perhaps my personal favourite out of all the 'Mechs I've designed . Anyone have anything new to say about it? The Designs forum has been a bit slow lately, so I thought I'd bring this back up just for laughs
--Thomas Jefferson
LordChaos
11/25/02 12:50 PM

I see it as a decent partner for the Urban Mech. Primaraly defensive in nature (assuming it's commanding officers don't have a brain tumor)..

I would see it deployed at the outskirts/edges of a city/defensive area, where it would use it's long range fire to harrass incoming unites and it's mobility wouldn't be much of a drawback. If used in conjunction with urbanmechs placed further inside the fortification/city, the invading side qould be facing a rather unplesent time.
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Karagin
01/01/14 08:25 PM

Nice...and yes I know it's older thread. Nice mech for those looking for something different to use.
Karagin

KamikazeJohnson
01/01/14 08:47 PM

Woohoo...12-year thread-necro!

My personal favourite out of all my custom designs. Have to pull it out in a real match one of these days.
--Thomas Jefferson
Retry
01/01/14 11:02 PM

You can make vehicles that are much more powerful and faster with literally half the cost.
BobTheZombieModerator
01/02/14 12:41 AM

That gave me a good laugh... I like it, and the weapon combo is unique. That even seems like the sort of weapons I would use in MW4, as I prefer range above most other things.
Good job.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
KamikazeJohnson
01/02/14 06:28 AM

I just realized...12 years since I started posting here...I get to blow the minds of a whole new generation of BTech players ;-)
--Thomas Jefferson
BobTheZombieModerator
01/02/14 01:06 PM

Yeah, I grew up with Mechcommander gold and Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance; nowadays I'm trying to work my way backwards through the games, as mechassault and MW:O don't really appeal to me.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
01/02/14 11:52 PM

I can see a use for it. Park it on a tall building and snipe at long range.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 116 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7019

Contact Admins Sarna.net