BTech Tournaments

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
01/08/02 08:53 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Has there ever been a tournament or any other structured form of challemge matches set up around here? I understand that there are a number of tools (OpenRPG, IRC, ICQ, etc.) that can provide a connection and a random number generator.

I'm sure with the number of BTech junkies on this board, we should be able to set something up. It would provide a new form of excitement other than endless "debates" on the various boards :-)

Just a suggestion...
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
01/10/02 01:54 AM

I just read Slayer's latest news post...too bad :-( It would have been nice to see a forum dedicated to tournaments / challenges. Oh well...

There are many different formats/conditions that could be used...Year, Tech Level, IS/Clan, Lance/Lance, Tonnage Limit, Weight Class Restrictions, Clan vs IS odds matches...the possibilities are endless.

I don't currently have a complete BTech set (friends who borrow, then move 1500 miles away), so I myself can't play beyond 3050, level 1 (some level 2), but I would be willing and able to record and track tournaments, ladders, challenges, etc. provided there's enough interest.

Here's Hoping :-)
--Thomas Jefferson
Zilaz
01/10/02 06:57 AM

I'd do it... provided someone sets up a FAQ somewhere on how to set up OpenRPG for BTech play ;)
I think, therefore you is.
Korbel
01/10/02 08:10 AM

I agree with you... and I'd also be interested in playing lance or company battles
Greyslayer
01/10/02 09:42 AM

Ewww ... company battles online, talk about a long time to complete. I've played online competitions before so anything bigger than lance on lance would be difficult to deal with. Maybe set a maximum limit of turns for a game?

You might have several areas in the tourney:

3025 Lance on Lance
3063 IS Lance on Lance (any IS tech lvl2)
3050 Clan Star on Star Zelbreggin
3063 Clan Star on Star
3063 Open -- Tech/tonnage ratio?

Greyslayer
KamikazeJohnson
01/12/02 11:10 PM

something I've often wanted to do was have a battle involving at least 2 or 3 lances on a side. The group I used to play with tried that once (first scenario of the Twycross campaign), but we suffered from TMM...Too Many Munchkins :-(
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
01/14/02 02:30 PM

I've been thinking...since all of us here know the rules, and most, if not all of us have our own BTech set, all that'sd really needed for an online match is a chat client to describe moves, a referee to settle disputes (and slap Munchkins around) and a random-number generator that displays the result to all parties involved. I could probablt set up something of that nature on MIRC, if necessary.

As for 'Mechs and maps...the referee is given the "official" copy of the mapsheet and all 'Mechs involved and makes sure all players have copies. As long as chat was restricted in the "game room", it should work fairly smoothly...

What say the masses?
--Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
01/14/02 02:51 PM

One word (URL, really): www.openrpg.com
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
LordChaos
01/15/02 12:27 PM

Find a way. Set it up. Give us a link. I'll be there. :)
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3054

Contact Admins Sarna.net