Mass: 45 tons

Equipment: Crits Mass
Int. Struct.: 75 pts Standard 0 4.50
Engine: 180 6 7.00
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 16 Single 9 6.00
(Heat Sink Loc: 1 HD, 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 CT, 2 LL, 2 RL)
Gyro: 4 2.00
Cockpit, Life Supt., Sensors: 5 3.00
Actuators: L: Sh+UA+LA+H R: Sh+UA+LA+H 16 .00
Armor Factor: 152 pts Standard 0 9.50

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 14 20
Center Torso (Rear): 7
L/R Side Torso: 11 16/16
L/R Side Torso (Rear): 6/6
L/R Arm: 7 14/14
L/R Leg: 11 22/22

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Crits Mass
--------------------------------------------------------
2 Machine Guns RA 0 200 3 2.00
(Ammo Locations: 1 RT)
1 PPC LA 10 3 7.00
2 Medium Lasers RT 6 2 2.00
2 Medium Lasers LT 6 2 2.00
--------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS: 22 50 45.00
Crits & Tons Left: 28 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 3,071,390 C-Bills
Battle Value: 828
Cost per BV: 3,709.41
Weapon Value: 927 / 927 (Ratio = 1.12 / 1.12)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 17; MRDmg = 8; LRDmg = 2
BattleForce2: MP: 4, Armor/Structure: 4/4
Damage PB/M/L: 3/2/1, Overheat: 1
Class: MM; Point Value: 8

Okay I know it needs some fluff, I am working on it...thought I would get some input and ideas on what needs to be in the fluff from you follks...so comment away.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
LordChaos
01/20/02 12:04 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Looks like a decent garrison mech to me. MGs for antipersonal work, PPC for a distance pop, and the fourpack of mediums in case someone wants to get frisky up close. Not much speed, maximum armor, no real heat problems. Yup, definately a solid garrison machine. Likely going to be easy on the maintainance as well, doesn't look like it's got much that would be maintainance intensive (jump jets, ballistic or missle weapons, etc).
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
KamikazeJohnson
01/20/02 12:23 AM

I like it...in fact I think I have a design or two that's quite similar. Good for garrison or front line work. It's a bit slow for playing games against some other mediums, but it can easily stand shoulder-to-shoulder with heavies and dish out the punishment. No ammo dependence is good, too. I'd be tempted to tweak things a bit and slide on a bit more long range, but then, I seem to have a LRM-5 fetish at the moment :-) Nah, a PPC is more than sufficient for a 45.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Bob_Richter
01/20/02 06:45 AM

Once again, you've managed to design a 'Mech with more LEG ARMOR THAN CENTER TORSO ARMOR.

You might try dropping 4 points from each leg for an extra half-ton somewhere.

Just a thought.

Also, you will NEVER NEVER EVER use 200 rounds of MG ammo with only two guns.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Karagin
01/20/02 07:12 AM

Thanks, I can see that your games must not have leg hits happening very often and you most not have folks who actually do physical attacks like kicking...or wise you would be happy to have more leg armor, and the legs can carry more then the torso in the long run because all of it uses for damage reason no matter the direction were as the torsos all have the problem of REAR ARMOR...so thank you for pointing out something most would not worry about. If you want drop 4 points from each leg and see if that helps out your style of play.

As for the ammo, well I could drop that down to 100 rounds, but not sure at this point, still it is an option.
Karagin

Bob_Richter
01/20/02 08:16 AM

>>>Thanks, I can see that your games must not have leg hits happening very often <<<

It's a simple matter of probability. A Center Torso will take roughly 7/36 of all incoming fire from the front. Legs will take 4/36, a little more than half as much.

Furthermore, the Center Torso is a far more vital area. So it simply doesn't make sense to over-armor the legs like that. And yet I've noticed you doing it a lot.

You just might want to put more thought into your armor designs. From both a gameplay and in-universe perspective, you're not going to see that heavy of leg armor a lot.

>>>and the legs can carry more then the torso in the long run because all of it uses for damage
reason no matter the direction were as the torsos all have the problem of REAR ARMOR...<<<

Not actually, your CT can carry more armor than the legs, you just have to slack off on the rear armor a bit.

I hope you don't plan on letting anything bigger than light hovercraft and infantry behind you.

>>>so thank you for pointing out something most would not worry about.<<<

Actually, most folks I know DO worry about their armor design. Some are quite obsessive. I just thought maybe you'd like a pointer.

>>>and you most not have folks who actually do physical attacks like
kicking...<<<

Physical attacks only happen if *I* want them to.

'Sides, most folks'll go for the punch, especially if you've got over-armored legs.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Karagin
01/20/02 08:34 AM

There is 20 on the front CT and 7 on it's rear for a total of 27. The legs on have 22.

The R/LTs have 16 and 6 for a total of 22. That is the same about on the legs.

Most I can do is pull a point or two from the rear to the front since they can only hold 22 max and that is including the rear torso. I can't add any more to the side torsos with breaking the rules.

The rear armor is enough to stop a medium laser hit for the most part, just what most fast moving units have on them...so I don't follow you on the torso bit.

As for the legs they happen to max out. 22 points is enough to a Gauss or PPC hit and not have you worrying about crits...

Physical attacks happen in my games whether or not I want them too. My friend Jon has a knack for getting in at least two or three before the game is over and if your mech happens to fall down, well be ready for a stomping...
Karagin

Bob_Richter
01/20/02 09:12 AM

>>>Most I can do is pull a point or two from the rear to the front since they can only hold 22 max and that is including the rear torso. I can't add any more to
the side torsos with breaking the rules. <<<

I didn't say anything about adding to the SIDE torsos, now did I?

>>>The rear armor is enough to stop a medium laser hit for the most part, just what most fast moving units have on them...so I don't follow you on the torso bit.<<<

Actually, it's a point or two more than it needs to be, if you changed it to 22/5 and 17/5, it'd probably be a little better overall.

>>>As for the legs they happen to max out. 22 points is enough to a Gauss or PPC hit and not have you worrying about crits... <<<

So is 18.

>>>Physical attacks happen in my games whether or not I want them too.<<<

Sounds like a personal problem.

Karagin
01/20/02 09:50 AM

To me that is not the way to go...if I have 22 on the legs then I can take the Gauss hit and not worry to much, but it's still a problem, with having only 18 points on there it becomes a bigger worry since the next hit is going internal, where as the next hit on the same spot that original had 22 points may not go internal.

Same on the back of the torsos.
Karagin

Bob_Richter
01/20/02 10:01 AM

Heh. Not if it's the Gauss Rifle that hits you again. :)

Karagin
01/27/07 01:00 AM

Thoughts on any thing for fluff?
Karagin

JackGarrity
01/27/07 09:20 AM

interesting unit.. Tomahawk.. im stuck thinking of the old Destroid unit with that name the MBR-04 Tomahawk that became the erm... Warhammer I think it was. good enough to fill needed holes in merc or house units wanting a stable mech to give thier pilots nothing to fancy or too simple.
Greetings Mechwarrior.
Karagin
01/27/07 02:07 PM

Battlemaster
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6944

Contact Admins Sarna.net