Masc & supercharger rule question... an easy one

Pages: 1
Korbel
01/24/02 11:09 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Can someone post the tonnage & crit requirements for both MASC & Superchargers for me... the table on Sarna only has an ' * ' I'm at work & want to complete my super-ultralight speedster mech... and then I'm going to calc its actual landspeed... Wow I'm a dork... Masc+Supercharger=wMP*3?
Greyslayer
01/24/02 03:38 PM

thats fine both cannot be used together according to Maximum Tech from what I can remember. Its either one or the other.

Greyslayer
Korbel
01/24/02 04:04 PM

sheesh don't even go there...

I'll just get the info myself tonight when I have my books handy, And this is for a thread on another forum where we are talking about the fastest mechs possible... I'm not even going to play them...
Greyslayer
01/24/02 04:07 PM

We all know the fastest mech possible is the one that has its jump deacceleration fail on atmospheric entry

Greyslayer
NathanKell
01/24/02 05:47 PM

Supercharger: 10% of engine weight, +1 crit per location with an engine crit. Rules are the same as MASC, but, instead of freezing the legs, you roll once on Determining Critical Hits and apply any and all crits to the engine. Start at the top of the CT engine crits and move down. Whether or not you get any crits, the Supercharger fails and is considered destroyed.
To combine with MASC, just put them both on. If both are activated in the same turn, roll for each, with a -1 penalty to each roll. Running MP = 2.5x Walking, and Sprinting = 3x Walking.
(MaxTech 2nd printing, Sept. 97)
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Black_Phoenix
01/24/02 05:52 PM

Don't forget about the ones that make reentry by being slingshot off of a warship at a full 2-g burn.
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

NathanKell
01/24/02 05:53 PM

Oops, forgot you wanted MASC too:
From BMR:
It's TSM with which MASC is incompatible.
MASC takes up mech tonnage/20 (round .5 up) tons and crits. (/25 for clans).
If you use it in a turn, roll 2d6. On 2, the leg actuators freeze. For the second consecutive turn, it's 4 or less, then 6, then 10, and the legs automatically freeze on the 5th consecutive turn. For each turn during which the MASC is inactive reduce the target by one block. It may never go below 3, though (i.e. 10, 6, 4, 3).
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6191

Contact Admins Sarna.net