Possible Outcomes...

Pages: 1
Karagin
02/08/02 05:20 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
For the Chaos March:

What do you think will happen with this area? Will stay as it is, a bunch of small regional nations or will the remants of the FC or CapCon snatch up what they can?

For the Lyarn Alliance:

With the idea that Katherine loses the war, do you see the LA fracturing into three or more regions or do you see a rump state forming to fill the power vacum, if Victor doesn't try to hold the whole thing together again under the banner of the FC? Please note I am not looking for a debate on why the FC is gone or would be gone, I am ask what is a possible out come of the events.

Falcon and Wolf OCZs:

What is going to happen to them? Will we see the Wolves under Vlad pushed out of the Inner Sphere or see the Falcons attack the FC once the civil war is over for the chance of grabing one or two extra worlds? Do we see Vlad and Phelan going at it over the fate of the Falcons?

Lyons Thumb:

Will this region be returned to the FC if Victor wins? Or not?

Terra:

Is there a chance that the Star League will finial retake it or will it not worry about it?

Outreach and Northwind:

What will become of this two worlds as the political forces change and the areas around them change as well? Will Outreach remain the Merc Capital or will just become another planet that has troops for sale? Will Northwind go back to it's role of sending it's best to the SLDF or not?

CapCon:

Will Laio attack Marik?

FRR&GB:

Will they merge into one nation or not?

Okay let's here some of your ideas on the above as to the hows and whys of the outcomes...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Bob_Richter
02/08/02 05:37 PM

How about this? Mad speculations and wishful thinking, but I like it.

>>>For the Chaos March: <<<

Chaos March remains as-is. Liao lacks the military force to conquer it, and the FedCom is too distracted. Marik clearly doesn't want it.

>>>For the Lyarn Alliance: <<<

Breaks into a Tamar-Skye nation under Kelswa-Steiner (which retakes the Tamar region from the occupying Clanners, and a number of minor states with no remaining cohesion. ARDC remains a strong deterrant to the Clans, and Duke Morgan Kell finds himself commanding a fledgling nation. House Kell founded.

>>>Falcon and Wolf OCZs:<<<

Falcons Annihilated in 3067 when they attempt a drive toward Terra, forcing the Star League into action.

Wolf OZ is reconquered by Tamar-Skye and FRR/Clan Ghost Bear.

>>>Lyons Thumb:<<<

These worlds remain members of the Draconis Combine, as they have often been. The Federated Commonwealth "Lacks the ability to govern them effectively" According to Coordinator Kurita.

>>>Terra: <<<

Reconquered in the early 3070s by a Star League Task Force including members of Clans Ghost Bear and Wolf-in-Exile. The apparent ilClanship of one or both of these Warden Clans leads to a final end to the Invasion.

>>>Outreach and Northwind: <<<

Outreach remains the independant Mercenary's Star. Northwind remains a stalwart CC ally until someone finally decides to take out the CC.

>>>CapCon: <<<

Thomas Marik's peace-loving cowardly non-Marikness prevents him from outright destroying the Capellan Confederation as we would wish, but he uses his new position as First Lord of the Star League to gain major economic concessions from them.

>>>FRR&GB: <<<

Indubitably, they will be one nation soon. I would prefer that that nation be the Free Rasalhague Republic and that Clan Ghost Bear be adopted as its military arm, but this isn't likely from what I've heard from the developers.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
SuperCharger
03/15/02 06:56 AM

OK, there could be some major spoilers here if you haven't checked out the upcoming books on Classic BattleTech (www.classicbattletech.com)

HOWEVER, if you haven't checked out the info on the upcoming novels I suggest you DON'T. There's stuff in the fluff text of those books on the site that IMHO, give away too much about the storyline.

>>For the Chaos March:<<

Word of Blake gains greater influence on some of the worlds, not sure how far it goes. Probably pretty far given what we know about MW:DA.

>>For the Lyarn Alliance: <<

OK, I have a theory, that may be completely wrong: I think Adam Steiner will take the throne as the next Archon of a restored Lyran Commonwealth. I think the whole purpose for introducing Adam into the novels is to set him up as a compromise Steiner for the Lyrans. Apparently the Estates-General and Nondi Steiner are Katherine loyalists. Ryan Steiner's line, the Kelswa-Steiners, want their own momment in the sun. Victor will win the Civil War (remember that Nova Cat prophecy, whatever it means) but find popular opinion amongst Lyrans completely against him. He won't let a Katherine-ist rule, but doesn't like the Ryan's line either. Adam, however, is a true Lyran war hero, having fought the Jade Falcons not only during the Clan Invasion but also repelling them when they renew their invasion (according to the fluff piece on one of the forthcoming novels on Classic BattleTech). Victor, occupying most of Lyran space with troops, will compromise with the Estates-General to put Adam on the Archon's throne. The Kelswa-Steiners will back this in exchange for greater autonomy and possibly other military/economic concessions. Plus, Adam will be attractive to them since he will have done more for the Lyrans against the Jade Falcons than anyone, including Victor. They'll look for him to take back Tamar Pact worlds from the Jade Falcons and the Wolves. And, I think, in a patriotic, peace-making gesture (and to show the FedCom divorce is Final), Adam will switch the nation's name back to the Lyran Commonwealth.

As for the Federated Suns, Imminent Crisis already has George Hasek backing Yvonne as First Princess. I think in the end the March Lords become Princes again, allowing for a less-centralized power structure in the FS. (Bills does allude to something like this in vague terms in Imminent Crisis.

And in the end, Victor and his decendants will have to give up rights to both thrones, which will allow him to marry Omi.

>>Falcon and Wolf OCZs: <<

Fluff text on the Classic BattleTech web site indicates the Jade Falcons attack the Lyran Alliance before the Civil War is over. Victor apparently will ask Adam to intervene since he's moving on to the Davion side of the FedCom. I assume the Kells and possibly Archer's Avengers have big roles to play in this.

As for the Wolves, I'm not sure. Vlad apparently has every intention of resuming the invasion, and will probably try to do so at the same time as the Falcons. However, the Ghost Bears have made it clear they won't sit by and let the Wolves walk over them, and now the FRR has signed an alliance/pact/union/whatever with the Ghost Bears, so my guess is the Wolves invasion will be stopped by either the Ghost Bears, the SLDF, or a combination of the two.

>>Lyons Thumb:<<

Stays in the hands of House Kurita.

>>Terra:<<
Word of Blake consolidates their power by stationing troops not only there but on several surrounding worlds. ComStar's not getting it back soon, and no one else in the Star League cares (yet).

>>Outreach and Northwind:<<

Outreach is Outreach. There will always be a need for mercenaries in BattleTech. Even WizKids acknowledges that. ;-) Northwind will probably stay the same, too, especially since the newly reconstituted Federated Suns will be weak for a long time to come.

>>CapCon: <<

Not sure about the Capellans. I was actually surprised the BT authors let the St. Ives Compact fall (they were Victor's friends, after all). Sun-Tzu seems perfectly happy letting the FedCom eat itself alive, but he could decide to make trouble for Marik if he thinks he can get away with it.

>>FRR&GB:<<
See my above comments about the Wolf Clan OZ.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2305

Contact Admins Sarna.net