Harmony Gold did not own Macross Right?

Pages: 1
Greyslayer
02/27/02 04:49 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
We know that the lawsuit for the rights of the unseen were partially responsible for the downfall of Fasa.

On http://www.battletech.net/ there is an article titled 'Big West owns Macross License'. Read through it and then comment on this question.

How much would this have had changed the btech universe if this was done before the lawsuit had gone to its eventual conclusion? Would we still see 'unseen' style mechs everywhere in literature and pictures?

Greyslayer
Nightward
02/27/02 06:26 PM

So what? All this means is that another company holds the liscences to them, and that if FanPro want to bring them back they have to deal with another company to do so. This might have been good if they had found out 5 years ago, (perhaps they could have sued Harmony Gold and recouped their legal lossess or something) but I seriously doubt that the loss of the Unseen really destroyed FASA.

Let's face it, it was a line of poor products and stupid marketing desicions. If they had played their cards right with the MW Computer Games series, FASA would be the dominant force in gaming. But they didn't.

They could have bought in a whole new generation of fans with the Sommerset Strikers (as abomnable as the series was) but again failed to capitalise.

You and I could have done a far better job of managing FASA, and I'm a Biology student and you're an IT consultant...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
SuperCharger
03/12/02 12:45 AM

In reply to:

I seriously doubt that the loss of the Unseen really destroyed FASA.

Let's face it, it was a line of poor products and stupid marketing desicions.

I'd also add terrible accounting practices. They promised to pay people important to the universe, then didn't, and then didn't even know how much they owed to people when they could pay. Probably the best example is Michael Stackpole, who they continued to not pay until he finally left. When they finally got enough money to pay him, they apparently had to ask *him* how much they owed, because they flat out didn't know. You cannot run a business like that and expect good things to come out in the end (Enron).

Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 99 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2225

Contact Admins Sarna.net