Omni Elementals...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Greyslayer
03/04/02 01:38 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I don't know given earlier information they wouldn't normally produce a retrotech like that. They have enough ER Micro and Micro pulses and so on to not bother with a ManPack PPC. The example I gave also required the elemental to mount and external powersource for the weapon, another thing the clams would find wasteful considering all their current suits provide enough power for the more efficient clam weapons.

Greyslayer
Bob_Richter
03/04/02 01:51 AM

The MP-PPC and its attending power supply would fit into the Elemental's primary weapon mount with room to spare.

It is very possible the clans wouldn't think to use one, though...I mean...it's old tech, etc.

But if you were to say that Ele suits have been using these from the beginning (alt. universe) or something...

Or that some Warrior (probably a Goliath Scorpion Seeker) wanted a PPC on his suit enough to retrieve one from an old Star League storehouse...

Or maybe one Clan, having encountered MP-PPCs in the Inner Sphere went about re-inventing the wheel and made a Battle Armor PPC...

Then again, I'm not really trying to advocate this idea, I'm just saying "The Universe has plenty of stretch room."

Well, MAYBE the Battle Armor PPC. A BA Gauss Rifle might be nice too.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Greyslayer
03/04/02 01:55 AM

Well don't the Davs have Gauss Tech on theirs?

Greyslayer
Bob_Richter
03/04/02 02:01 AM

Yabbut.

1) I'm not a Davvy
2) I don't like Infiltrator II suits.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Greyslayer
03/04/02 02:05 AM

Hey no buts! Davs have it, clams make lighter Gauss Rifles at the large end of the scale and considering how dodgey they are could quite easily build their own version of the suit (say for example Clam Nova Cat get some suits off FedCom for being a part of the Star League).

Greyslayer
CrayModerator
03/04/02 08:44 AM

You should've taken Bob's advice and read further. He changed his mind in his next post and contributed some useful thoughts on "omni elementals."
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/04/02 12:02 PM

They may not use it MPPPC with unarmored infantry but the idea to use them with Battlearmor might be something they are working on and it would be a jump for them in that it gives them back a little bit of tech advantage in that area.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin
03/04/02 12:03 PM

I don't care if he did or didn't, I do not want to read his posting nor do I want his input.
Karagin

CrayModerator
03/04/02 01:13 PM

And yet you reply to him as soon as he enters a thread. Heh.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/04/02 01:22 PM

My reply was to tell him that his opinion/ideas were not wanted on the sugject of the thread, I am sorry that he can not understand or honor a simple request.

Do you understand now?

Karagin

Nightward
03/04/02 04:14 PM

Heh. First, to get a suit you would have to talk to Katherine Steiner-Davion to get one. Second, it would have to come in through the DCMS, and I think we might just..err...confiscate it to study the suit and imrpove upon our *PATHETIC* frickin' Kage suits. 'Only 1 trooper carries a Heavy Weapon'...bitch, whinge, bitch...

Seeing as Gauss Cannon are supposedly very good against Battle Armour, one would think that they would be employed as main weaponry. The other super-weapon from MechWarrior was the Gyrojet cannons. Surely they could make a large-calibre Gyrojet and have some fun with that...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Bob_Richter
03/04/02 04:53 PM

(Why not, the FedSuns did it!)

Kage Mk II:

Just like Kage, but..
1) Improved Stealth ability. +1 at short, +2 at medium,+3 at long ( or 1/4/7. Silly FASA.)
2) EACH trooper carries a heavy weapon.

NathanKell
03/04/02 07:20 PM

Which remidns me...what exactly *is* the difference between a (bazooka-style) rocket launcher and recoilless rifle, anyway?
(on topic: both would be nice additions to BA, and wouldn't cause heat)
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
03/04/02 07:23 PM

The biggest difference is the back blast and the size of the rounds being fired.

Let me look around for one of the websites I had found that had some info on these...
Karagin

Diablo
03/04/02 07:29 PM

all the mark I battle armour sucked! infillrator had no weapon! it had a mine launcher with 3 re-loads! not worth my time. but the mark II did spark my interest.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
Bob_Richter
03/04/02 08:33 PM

The Infiltrator Mk II is a Munchkin Death Suit.

Diablo
03/05/02 04:30 PM

that's the point. death suits for my elite death squades at your friendly StarEx invasion force near you.

Bob_Richter
03/05/02 04:32 PM

Fortunately, they still die by the dropshipload when exposed to fire from Battlemechs.

Diablo
03/06/02 04:28 PM

not is there camoflaged and swarm the mechs. elementals were ment to take on infantry and swarm mechs. the camo suits help at long ranges and get into position via support fire from my 30,000,000 c-bill prototype mechs.

Bob_Richter
03/06/02 05:22 PM

>>>not is there camoflaged and swarm the mechs. <<<

With the swarm roll failing miserably since it's basically impossible, and only annoying the 'Mech if it succeeds before they all get gunned down by its heavy guns? Bring it on.

Karagin
01/17/07 12:25 PM

Given that we now have new BAs some which seem to be modular, could this idea be worked in or not?
Karagin

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 18083

Contact Admins Sarna.net