An Idea

Pages: 1
Nightward
03/04/02 04:33 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
As we all know, it has been decided that Harmony Gold had no rights on the Unseen etc. FanPro have stated they will not be bringing the miniatures back, but how about this idea-

This all hinges on BigWest also owning the Gundam images, but what the heck:

1.There are RPGs for Macross, RoboTech, and Gundam. If players were offered miniatures combat rules (say, like AD&D, only they are actually workable). Let's say the RPGers are interested.

2. There are also Japanime fanatics out there who would buy miniatures just to have something connected to their hobby.

3. There are also Us, the BattleTechers, who want our Unseen back.

Now, let's say we propose to Iron Wind (or whoever is making the miniatures) that we are interested in buying them.

Viola. Instant market.

Any comments?
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Bob_Richter
03/04/02 05:02 PM

It's a good idea.

I mean, if I could get battletech-scale Unseen minis, from wherever, and supposing I actually had money, I'd buy them in an eyeblink.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Karagin
03/04/02 05:05 PM

It is a good line of thinking, but given the fact that WK/FP aren't even trying to get back the Unseen, I don't see Iron Wind Miniatures even touching the idea even if they wanted to. To do so might cost them the contract they have with WK/FP.

Our best bet is for all of us to email Jordan and company and get the point over that now is the time to get back the original images and to get them before things change and to point out that there is a demand and need for them.

Then we might see the minatures back.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
KamikazeJohnson
03/04/02 06:00 PM

Good plan...maybe a petition on each of the BTech boards, signed by as many members as possible...give them an idea of how many people are interested in getting the Unseen back
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
03/04/02 06:03 PM

That may work. Though it would need to be done so as not to offend anyone and to express that we would like them to at least look into the idea if nothing else.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3447

Contact Admins Sarna.net