A shocking discovery!!!

Pages: 1
Black_Phoenix
03/06/02 07:32 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay, maybe not that shocking. On the user list there are 13 1/2 pages (out of 21) of people that have posted less than ten times here. 6 of those pages are filled with people that have never posted anything. If it's this bad here, I hate to ask what it's like at CBT.
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

CrayModerator
03/06/02 07:49 AM

Unfortunately, CBT no longer seems to have an available user list.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Grizzly
03/06/02 08:55 AM

That may be true, but there are some of us who have been around for a long time, but who just don't post very often. I only post on something that I really am interested in, not just to "hear myself type" or bump up my rank. Perhaps some people just like to observe and only step in when necessary....
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Bob_Richter
03/06/02 02:00 PM

That would be called "lurking."

I don't post just to hear myself type either.

I guess more things interest me?
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Spartan
03/06/02 02:47 PM

Excuse me but the polite term is loitering!

But then some of us just post to try to add a little levity to things. Reading just to pick up on different things, what mech different people would use for various things, tactics etc. Even some of us who have been around a long while.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
CrayModerator
03/06/02 03:02 PM

>Excuse me but the polite term is loitering!

Feh. Political correctedness reaches Sarna.net. We all down South here call ya'll "Lurkers," and we ain't changin' our ways none how.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
NathanKell
03/06/02 03:12 PM

And I thought y'all prided y'selves on bein' polite...

Having been one myself at numerous boards (including this one) I can vouch for the Grand and Noble Order of Loiterers
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Grizzly
03/06/02 04:22 PM

Yeah, but you gotta admit you seem to like tweaking karagin's nose now and then....
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Bob_Richter
03/06/02 05:23 PM

I don't actually ENJOY it, I'm just provoked into response by...
...well...

...you know...

...the kinds of things he tends to say.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Bob_Richter
03/06/02 05:24 PM

You mean Lurkers.

I live in Washington State.

I don't have to be polite. Maybe you've noticed.

Nightward
03/06/02 06:01 PM

That problem may soon be resolved. And if you can restrain yourself from baiting him, that would be good too.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightward
03/06/02 06:03 PM

Ja, they yanked it because people were getting E-Mail addresses and spamming.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
novakitty
03/06/02 11:52 PM

It's amazing that everyone who post more often than you is a loudmouth and everyone who posts less often is a lurker. Kind of like dealing with the velocities of every other car on the road, they are either too slow, or driving unsafely.

By following this logic, only I post at a reasonable rate.
meow
Bob_Richter
03/06/02 11:55 PM

Heh. I've never found that to be the case.

Some folks are quiet. Some don't have much to say. An overwhelming majority just LURK. You wonder why they even bother to register.

Nightmare
03/07/02 12:23 AM

It`s easier to read the posts if you don`t have to adjust them
to your favorite settings every day? I like mine as following
messages on the same page, the damn branch-thing is just
too confusing.
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
NathanKell
03/07/02 01:43 AM

Same here.
I love how it skips to the first new post!
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Spartan
03/07/02 02:28 PM

Again you'll have to ask you to excuse me because I'm am from down south. Born and bred in Texas.

But reading the other posts I have come up with a suitable solution to our semantic quandry. (How's that for high-falootin vocabulary) Lurkers are those who join up but never post. Loiterers are those who post but occasionally. As for the rest, well, ya'll are just gonna have to figure that out for yourselves. :P
Spartan

CrayModerator
03/07/02 02:34 PM

Oh, okay. I get it now. Sorry, my bad.

Lurker.

Spartan
03/07/02 05:20 PM

Spartan

SoyBigHead
03/08/02 06:32 AM

hmmm...so what am i considered a lurker now b/c i havent really posted anything for a bit? hahhahahaha wanna know why? B?C IM GROUNDED!!!!!! BWA AH AH AHA AH AH AHA
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7365

Contact Admins Sarna.net