Looking to start making a Battletech boardgame

Pages: 1
Hawkeye
03/10/02 04:33 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ever since FASA went bye bye I really more then ever want to start making a battletech board game on the computer like the old SSI games. I am currently trying to find a engine to make my game on so any suggestions would be appreciated!
TRYCORP
03/12/02 01:20 PM

If you find one then I wouldn't mind helping with graphics. Like hex's and stuff...
"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
NathanKell
03/12/02 07:58 PM

Same here (and a sample).
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
03/15/02 06:22 PM

I would suggest the Steel Panther 2 or Steel Panthers 3 games as a place to start...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Diablo
03/28/02 05:28 PM

I'd help you if I knew or cared about programming. that sounds cool. be sure to give me a copy when your finished. I'm willing to pay whatever is in my pocket right now..
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
KG_Brandenburg
03/30/02 01:18 PM

There is a program available that allows you to play boardgames on computer w\ PBEM capabilities.Its called "Aide de Campe".It could i bet be modified to suit your needs. Its really meant for old Avalon Hill type games wether they be hex or area type games. Examples are 3rd Reich,ASL,SL,Turning point:Stalingrad, Anzio,Stalingrad,France '40, ect.

Only 1 problem with the program. There is no AI for it. It has all the things you need to play a board game H2H on the internet.

THere is another game interface meant for ASL(Advanced Squad Leader) called VASL. Its only a interface, simular to Aide de Campe as it has no AI. Its written in Java i know and its descent enough.

If it was me, i would concentrate on a interface system w/ charts,maps,stats,random die generater,ect as to date,most stratagy type games i got, have a less than satisfactory AI and i do got abunch of strat games.

just a idea. I have the link for aide de camp and vasl somewere.If you interested, just say so and ill hunt that link down:)just to give you a idea

branden

On a side note. I am also thinkin bout modififying one of my strat games and convert it to Battletech infantry\vehicles.I got the know how just not the vission as of yet.Im kinda a guru of sorts w\modding in this other gaming community.More for what i know that what i have actually done ,even though i have released abunch stuff to make installing mods alot easyer.Mainly i just give tech advise it seams:)

Just a idea. Lasers will be kinda tough to implement w\o the ussual tradeoffs involved in using a game that was not meant for such modifications

Id like to see a computer game on battletech that is operation based. Operational means battalion to division scale w\supply rules implemented. Well thats my definition. Its not impossible as i got a old DOS game converted to win98 that encompases the war in russia at korp level w\indavidual division w\tanks,guns,infantry,ect. ALOT of information is in that game. so much so that it overwelms the usser by the vast amounts of detail it has. Good game though

Well i have rambled enough,
L8ta
LordChaos
04/03/02 01:53 AM

Just started playing it... because someone challanged me...

I beat him, and I'm hooked.
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4165

Contact Admins Sarna.net