4 Vickers Ltd. Machine Guns
1 Kallon Rotary Rotary AC/5
4 Federated SuperStreak Streak SRM 2s
1 Cyclops-Beagle Sensory Probe Beagle Active Probe
Manufacturer: Bodie Industries
Communications System: Duotech 65
Targeting & Tracking System: Cyclops-Beagle Sensory Probe

Overview:

Built to meet the call for a heavy mech packs a punch and is one that the Federated Suns can say is their own, Bodie Industries answered that call with Ounce. Rumor has it that plans for this mech came from the databases of the Smoke Jaguars, but so far Bodie Industries as denied that each and ever time it has come up.

Pack a RAC 5 and other close in weapons this mech is one that can get in and mix it up and come out alive. Though it has only average speed for it's size the lack of any kind of special engine means it has better chance of making through a battle baring an ammo critical.

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model: Ounce ONC-3E
Mass: 65 tons
Construction Options: Fractional Accounting

Equipment: Crits Mass
Int. Struct.: 104 pts Endo Steel 14 3.25
(Endo Steel Loc: 1 HD, 5 LA, 5 RA, 3 LT)
Engine: 260 6 13.50
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 4
Heat Sinks: 10 Double [20] 0 .00
Gyro: 4 3.00
Cockpit, Life Supt., Sensors: 5 3.00
Actuators: L: Sh+UA+LA+H R: Sh+UA+LA+H 16 .00
Armor Factor: 180 pts Standard 0 11.25

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 21 25
Center Torso (Rear): 8
L/R Side Torso: 15 20/20
L/R Side Torso (Rear): 6/6
L/R Arm: 10 17/17
L/R Leg: 15 26/26

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Crits Mass
2 Machine Guns RA 0 200 3 2.00
(Ammo Locations: 1 LT)
2 Machine Guns LA 0 2 1.00
1 Rotary AC/5 RT 1 60 9 13.00
(Ammo Locations: 3 RT)
2 Streak SRM 2s RT 4 125 5 5.50
(Ammo Locations: 3 LT)
2 Streak SRM 2s LT 4 2 3.00
1 Beagle Active Probe CT 0 2 1.50
CASE Equipment: LT RT 2 1.00
4 Standard Jump Jets: 4 4.00
(Jump Jet Loc: 2 LL, 2 RL)
TOTALS: 14 74 65.00
Crits & Tons Left: 4 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 6,473,886 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,514
Cost per BV: 4,276.01
Weapon Value: 1,216 / 1,086 (Ratio = .80 / .72)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 32; MRDmg = 13; LRDmg = 1
BattleForce2: MP: 4J, Armor/Structure: 5/5
Damage PB/M/L: 6/4/-, Overheat: 0
Class: MH; Point Value: 15
Specials: prb
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
03/19/02 03:43 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Alright, I can see a lot of this. I prefer medium lasers to Streak 2s personally, but they work, and 4 Streak 2s is as good as bigger Streak systems, better in some ways. Lots of MGs - you could almost trade some for another Streak. Jump jets are a nice touch on a short range mech.

Two questions:
1) Why all ammo weapons? Easily explained with another fluff paragraph.
2) Why the light armor on a short range mech?
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/19/02 03:49 PM

The armor came down to cost. I was trying NOT to rebuild some of the mechs already out there and went with lighter armor as to set this one part.

The ammo weapons just kind of fell into place as I was working on the mech, I wanted to use the RAC 5 and it just seem say use Streaks 2s or 4s and some MGs...I do have a version that drops the MGs for lasers...but the one I posted was the primary version and it was the one I had fluff done up for. I picture the mech more as something that wades into the fighting once both sides have engaged each other and tries to find weak and or hurt mechs to dispatch of. On the other hand it is an excellent vehicle killer.
Karagin

CrayModerator
03/19/02 03:50 PM

>I was trying NOT to rebuild some of the mechs already out there and went with lighter armor as to set this one part.

It is distinctive, sort of something you'd see on a mech that, say, trades armor for the mobility of jump jets. Hey, that's a nice basis for some fluff right there...

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/19/02 03:55 PM

Ok, how to fit into what I have already now that is key...suggestions?
Karagin

CrayModerator
03/19/02 04:02 PM

Suggested fluff:

Pack a RAC 5 and other close in weapons this mech is one that can get in and mix it up and come out alive. Though it has only average speed for it's size the lack of any kind of special engine means it has better chance of making through a battle baring an ammo critical. **The mechanical test bed, ONC-1A and the combat trial prototype ONC-1E had heavier armor and an additional Streak launcher. However, pilots complained of the plodding nature of the Ounce compared to lighter (simulated) foes in combat trials, leading to a revised ONC-2E prototype with jump jets. The responsive, thrust-vectored [insert jump jet model here] turned the heavy mech into a much more nimble machine in close quarters combat, opening maneuvering options denied to competitors in its weight class like the Warhammer, Marauder, and (most) Thunderbolts.

Karagin
03/19/02 04:10 PM

Very nice, I can add that to the fluff. It does explain things better and gives the players something to go on how to use the mech...some thing that I think was missing form TRs after 3025/26.
Karagin

Nightward
03/19/02 04:17 PM

Have you seen the Argus from RS: U? It's a remarkably similar design...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Karagin
03/19/02 04:21 PM

Crap...I will have to look that over...actaully I did not even look over those mechs that came from the MW4 game that closely, but now I will...

Ok I just did, %(&$)($&%($^%($&*&@_%&%_%&&$&! they are very close, but the only saving grace I can see I stuck to more traditional weapons...no pulse and short range missiles instead of long range missiles.

Would be an interesting fight though....
Karagin

Nightward
03/19/02 04:28 PM

*Grins as he watches Karagin go into apoplexy.*

The Argus also has a targeting Computer. Since it is faster and, if I remember correctly, Jumps or has MASC to boot, I think the Argus might just have the edge.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Karagin
03/19/02 04:32 PM

You may be right...and to guess I came up with the Ounce driving home from work one afternoon back in January...well at least the general idea of it anyways...
Karagin

Nightward
03/19/02 04:34 PM

Ah. The dread effects of 'Highway Hypnosis', eh?
NathanKell
03/19/02 09:56 PM

Heh, maybe the Argus's designers stole your prototype, or its plans? That alone is worth adding to the fluff, and perhaps a long court battle?
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
03/19/02 10:03 PM

LOL!!!!!!!! Man I like it...now that would be interesting...and that is a good way to tie the mech into the universe...nice, funny but nice.
Karagin

NathanKell
03/19/02 10:13 PM

Regarding the actual mech: very nice, a good city fighter. My suggestions would only be to remove a ton of streak ammo and half a ton of MG ammo and replace them with two (ER?) medium lasers. Also, and this is just personal preference (and I seem to recall that yours is different) I'd take some armor from the legs and add to the arms and torso (maybe take the legs down to 22, bump the arms to 18, and bump the side torsos to 22/7. Heck, maybe even go down to 20 on the legs and add more to the CT, too).
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
03/19/02 10:14 PM

And remember...you must include the funny wigs! {HD SB}
It ain't the FS Court System unless they got the funny wigs!
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
03/19/02 10:17 PM

Right, I will get the heavy robes and the powdered wigs...and hey does anyone know a good solisator (sorry about the spelling) I am not up on Brit...err...Davion law....
Karagin

Edited by Karagin (03/19/02 10:17 PM)
Nightward
03/21/02 12:23 AM

Don't make jokes. One of my friends is a Barrister
Karagin
01/27/07 01:22 AM

For the new guys to comment on...
Karagin

JackGarrity
01/27/07 09:26 AM

rac5, woot. heh.. from a firepower view.. its a armor shredder.. from a non firepower view would be expensive for long engangements, might be decently suited for close urban warfare more then battalion on battalion warefare, though the lack of a huge heat curve is a advtantage.and with the 4 JJ's it can proabably outrun or outleap whatever it cant gun down. *hehs* god i hated the argus a UGLY MECH.. of many ugly mechs.. then again MW4/etc. fobbed a lot of the designs or made them strange.. damned pod mechs heh. anyays, yeah.
Greetings Mechwarrior.
strife
02/07/07 08:49 AM

I always wanted to make a medium mech with a RAC/5 tied to a targeting computer, you could put a 6-round burst into a single hit location, it just seems awesome, course, i'd jam up every other turn, so whatever.
"caliber fifty JUSTICE!"
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 265 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 9878

Contact Admins Sarna.net