Will there be a trial for Katherine?

Pages: 1
Karagin
03/25/02 07:04 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Or will see her die in fire collasp of her empire and the dawning of a new era for the Inner Sphere?

And if there is a trial, how do think it will turn out? Will the court find her guilty or will it be a deadlock event for years as each side aires all the dirty laundary of the Fed-Com out for all to see in the vain hope of winning in the court room were their armies may have failed on the battlefield?

Could the airing of the dirty laundary lead to more fighting in the Fed-Com?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
novakitty
03/25/02 07:10 PM

If she were a warrior, the answer would be simple: a trial if she did not die in combat.

Since she is purely a politician, I would expect that she is either an accidental casualty or put on trial. There are enough people in power who would like to see her justly punished that I lean in favor of a trial.

As for the results of her secrets being told to the stars, I expect her support would decrease at a swift rate as people learn what she had done and had planned for the future.
meow
CrayModerator
03/25/02 07:19 PM

I don't think there will be a trial. The situation is too muddied by propaganda from both sides. A quick death, with history (re)written by the victor (pun not originally intended) is probably best. (Of course, the question is: who dies? Kat or Vic? Muahahahahaha...)

I REALLY was amused by the ending on the CBT fanfic board, in the story, "The End of All Things." While an absurd story (that helped the punch line, actually), it was a really pleasing image for Kat's end.

>And if there is a trial, how do think it will turn out?

She will be guilty, of course, because if Victor takes her to trial, he will have serious dirt on her. Unfortunately, that just makes it looked like a rigged decision to pro-Kat folks.

>Could the airing of the dirty laundary lead to more fighting in the Fed-Com?

Erm. Maybe. Each side already seems to have chosen it's beliefs. Getting even a written and recorded confession from Kat would just be "propaganda and brainwashing," and any trial would be perceived as a "kangaroo court."
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/26/02 11:57 PM

LOL! Are you going to sell popcorn for the second event?
Karagin

Karagin
03/27/02 12:47 AM

Would a trial handled by say the Star League be considered fair or would that be also looked upon as favoring one side over the other?
Karagin

CrayModerator
03/27/02 07:16 AM

Yes, no, sorta.

Strictly speaking, the Star League would (probably) be viewed as fair, though the possibility remains of it being viewed as the pawn of foreign meddlers seeking the overthrow of the Lyran Alliance (i.e. DC or FWL). Likewise, the Capellan and Draconis Marches might be suspicious of the motives of Sun Tzu and Theodore.

However, in any case, the Lyrans (and maybe Suns) would probably be unhappy at foreigners butting in and judging their leaders. See this Milosovich nonsense today: he's an evil worm, but protests with up to 3000 of his countrymen are calling his trial foreign meddling.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/27/02 11:34 AM

Good point. Still so form of justice will be given to her, the question is will it end the troubles or make her a maytar?
Karagin

CrayModerator
03/27/02 02:10 PM

I recommend an embarassing death that cannot be blamed on Victor, like the reputed demise of her ancient Rooskie namesake, Catherine the Great.

novakitty
03/27/02 02:28 PM

"Katherine Steiner-Davion, dead from head trauma induced by slipping in shower."

Embarassing and disjoint enough for you?
meow
CrayModerator
03/27/02 02:38 PM

Hey, I did that to Katherine once in some semi-fanfic.

Yeah, I bet the public wouldn't buy a Catherine the Great-like demise.

Slipping in the shower is a bit cliched, though. Ditto on cerebral aneyurisms (sp?). Bad brakes...no...hit and run accident...no...

One of those mechs in her throne room suffers a freak mechanical failure and topples on her? The gyro has a casting flaw and fractures, maybe.

Karagin
03/27/02 03:01 PM

She chokes on a watermelon seed perphas?
Karagin

novakitty
03/27/02 03:06 PM

Can watermelon seeds be lethal?

Anyway, the idea of her choking to death on a premptive victory feast sounds fun.
meow
CrayModerator
03/27/02 03:08 PM

It does sound choice, and fairly credible.

Karagin
03/27/02 03:14 PM

I think so, not sure...but if not then say an allergic reaction to the Pacfica shrimp does her in...or something like that...I don't think she will die of old age so...
Karagin

SoyBigHead
03/28/02 02:25 PM

lets pick an animal for Kat. hmm how bout...a rather large tiger; kinda ironic right/?
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
novakitty
03/28/02 04:47 PM

If a stray smoke jaguar (the grey cat, not the clan named after it) were to find its way into her chambers...
meow
Black_Phoenix
03/28/02 10:31 PM

I want to see Vic pull a "Matrix-death-of-Neo" on her. Just stand in her office until she walks in, and shoot her. Quick, simple, and bloody. Of course he'd have to empty the clip into her, just to be sure.
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Black_Phoenix
03/28/02 10:33 PM

Better make it a Hell's Horse. I hear those things are ruthless and violent. Hey, sounds just like her.
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5606

Contact Admins Sarna.net